Messaging + Skype hangs on sending Skype message...

Chris Sabella

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
I have an HTC M8 w/ win10mo version 10586.164. There were some semi unpredictable issues surfacing after repeated win10mo build upgrades. I figured it was time for a hard reset, which went well. After totally setting the phone back up, i realized that Skype messaging via Messaging + Skype seemed to just freeze for a bit after trying to send a message. The message seems to go through, the recipient (another win10 user on the same version OS/Messaging app version) receives the message, but my device does not "know" it went through. Also i cannot receive any Skype messages at all, and it doesn't sync with my Skype message history.

Phone - HTC One M8
OS - Win10 (10586.164)
Messaging + Skype = 2.14.23002.0

Anybody else have this issue? Is/was there a resolution to this? Forum searches came up with nothing even close to this problem... :-/

Saijin_Naib

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
I had this on my Lumia 635 on Build 10586.122 after I (finally, like you) did a hard reset.

It took a few days for all of my Skype messages to Sync over and show up properly after sending.

Unfortunately, I don't know of anything more helpful than to suggest you try waiting it out.

I also randomly toggled the Message Sync setting on and off in the vain hope it would help. Likewise, I repeatedly logged into and out of Skype Video and set and unset it as the default for Skype on this device. I have no evidence to suggest these two things helped, but I also don't know that they hurt anything.

Chris Sabella

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
Ah weird... i guess there is some sort of throttling with message restore. Sorta makes sense... i guess...

However, the larger of the issues is... the Message + Skype app seems to hang after sending a Skype message. Even though the message goes through correctly... it never shows up in my the conversation thread. Is that the same thing you saw? then it just randomly fixed itself one day...

j o e l

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I have the same exact issue as Chris. Using Messaging+Skype, I try to send a skype message and it just hangs after tapping the send button. The message go through – the recipient gets the message but I have no way of knowing. I also cannot receive skype messages as well.

I tried a whole bunch of stuff, including logging in and out. I tried it on two other windows phones (with my account) with the same failed result. Even the integrated Messaging app on my W10 PC does not work. Finally, I even went so far as unlinking and re-linking my skype and MS account – I think it messed things up even more.

Integrated Skype works on my wife’s windows phone also. The separate Skype app on my phone works. So basically, any W10 integrated app with my user account does not work. This is infuriating.

Saijin_Naib

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
Messaging on my Windows 10 Desktop doesn't sync the messages properly/fully, but it eventually worked fine on my Lumia 635 after a few days of patience. I wish I could help more, but I simply don't know a repeatable methodology to force it to work.

Chris Sabella

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
Hmm... curious, going on what you guys say this seems like its something server side. Which is super weird...

... i wonder what we would come up with if we sniffed some packets and compared a working phone, to a non-working one. Maybe its just not receiving the return receipt or something, so it doesn't know the message went... and the system updates at some arbitrary interval, which is why it just "starts working" at random.

j o e l

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
It seems it is related to the account. I tried it across different devices with the same MS account - including the integrated Messaging app on a W10 pc. In the short time that this feature was enabled, I had come to rely on it as my primary messaging system mostly because it is available on my phone and PC. For now, I'm using the standalone skype app on phone and pc. I entered the issue in the feedback app.

timokyyro

Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
For me it's not account related. All my text and Skype messages sync to my Windows pc that has 14279.1000 build. My phone just syncs regular text messages.

The people app on my phone does not list any contacts from Messaging + Skype. So could the people app be affecting messaging? Or does Outlook do the syncing? If I write Skype messages on other devices my pc syncs them after I sync Outlook from the Mail app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos