Remove Skype integration from Messaging?

jockopablo

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
Is that possible? I can't find the option in Messaging settings. I agreed to link Skype after first installing the preview build, but then realized that I don't want lengthy text chats in Skype via my PC to generate message alerts on my phone with every reply.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
In the main page of your Messaging "app" (where all the messages are listed), tap on the ellipsis at the lower right, then tap on Skype Settings. In the Skype settings page, you should see the option to "Sign out". That should remove Skype integration from Messaging.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
On the same page is a slider that says Notifications: Instant Messages with the option for on or off, don't know if that is of use in your situation if you want to keep some form of Skype integration.

Zeem Frostmaw

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
Whenever I go into Skype Settings it insists I give it my phone number to let people with it find me on Skype, which I absolutely DO NOT want to do. No sign out option, so I hope there's another way.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I am sure there is a "Do this later" option so I am sure it is optional and as Gpobernardo pointed out there is a "Sign out" option.

Last edited:

Zeem Frostmaw

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
I am sure there is a "Do this later" option so I am sure it is optional and as Gpobernado pointed out there is a "Sign out" option.

Yeah, tapping that just backs out to the main Messaging screen again. Or maybe the settings is crashing. I really don't know. =/

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I read the bit where they said they wont give out the number and just went for it, I suppose if you want some form of integration between messaging and Skyping you have to tie up your MS/Skype accounts and phone number in some way, the world hasn't turned upside down yet ;-)

Zeem Frostmaw

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
I read the bit where they said they wont give out the number and just went for it, I suppose if you want some form of integration between messaging and Skyping you have to tie up your MS/Skype accounts and phone number in some way, the world hasn't turned upside down yet ;-)

Funny thing is my Skype/Messaging is already integrated. I'm trying to let them loose again because the Skype part of the Messaging app is super buggy. :p

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Got to admit I was having a hard time with it, didn't make any sense at all, but then I discovered that was down to the device I was testing it out on, on my desktop I couldn't get it to work at all, no contacts, just a mess, but then I noticed something odd and tried it out on my Surface Pro 3 and my Stream 7 and it all works OK.

Not saying it's finished software yet, but it does work to some degree and enough for me to actually set my wife up and show her how to work it (Long story) and she is happy with it.

I haven't got to the bottom of why it doesn't work on my desktop yet and that is the device I do all my testing/setting up on so it was really putting me off.

Good luck with it.

jockopablo

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
In the main page of your Messaging "app" (where all the messages are listed), tap on the ellipsis at the lower right, then tap on Skype Settings. In the Skype settings page, you should see the option to "Sign out". That should remove Skype integration from Messaging.

I don't have a Skype Settings option. I have Skype Setup, which just asks me to find friends in my contacts and enter my cell number, and Settings, which has nothing in it about Skype.

So far the only solution I've found is to mute the conversation on my phone so I don't continually get message chirps on my phone when I'm having a text conversation with someone via my desktop. Sigh.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I don't have a Skype Settings option. I have Skype Setup, which just asks me to find friends in my contacts and enter my cell number, and Settings, which has nothing in it about Skype.

So far the only solution I've found is to mute the conversation on my phone so I don't continually get message chirps on my phone when I'm having a text conversation with someone via my desktop. Sigh.

Hmm, what preview build are you running?

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm out of cards for now (since the setting option is missing where is should be). Maybe someone else who knows the solution will arrive. In the meantime, your workaround should suffice.

omagic82

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Anyone ever figure out how to turn it off? I don't have a settings option in my messaging app to toggle Skype notifications or sign out and these Skype conversations are driving me crazy.

jockopablo

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
Someone in another thread here gave me answer. You have to complete the Skype setup in the Messaging App before you see "Skype setup" option in Settings. I was selecting "Do this later" to the "Search for contacts" and "Enter your phone number" requests, so the initial Skype setup was incomplete (even though it was using my Skype account for messages).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon