Metrogram (Instagram client) now in Marketplace

peestandingup

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
It's very nice looking & functions great. Pretty barebones right now (can't even login to see your own photos), and sadly, it doesn't look like the Instagram folks let the developer have access to their upload API either (something that was hinted they might do). Supposedly, Instagram & Microsoft have been rumored to be working together on an official app that'll be released soon, so we'll see what happens with all of this.

peestandingup

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
On second look, this seems like a different "Metrogram" app than the one that made the news a few days back. That one was from developer Bil Simser (@bsimser). He was apparently the one who was requesting the uploading API.

The one listed here is from developer Nazer Aminou (@nas2lor), who also makes the popular app WP Shortcut Tiles. So I guess they both wanted to name their Instagram clients "Metrogram"??

peestandingup

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Not sure I even trust it. Can I use the app w/o logging in to Instagram?

Yeah, there's nowhere to log in at all (apparently thats coming in the next update). As of now, its basically just a fancy way to browse what's popular right now on Instagram.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, there's nowhere to log in at all (apparently thats coming in the next update). As of now, its basically just a fancy way to browse what's popular right now on Instagram.
Ah.... I didn't even see the part where you stated the other app he has in the MP. Might give it a try.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers