Microsoft and Windows Phone's visage.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
I don't like the "strong leader who is the face of the company" thing.

I thought Microsoft's "I'm a PC" campaign was brilliant. Rather than present some aspirational visionary "uber-cool" CEO who you "want to be more like," it presented people who were like me (and people who were also very different from me) all doing cool things on their own with Microsoft software.

Rather than telling me "here's a cool public face of our company," it said "YOU are the face of the company based on how you're using our products to do cool stuff."

They need to go back to that. Find people with Microsoft products who are changing the world in big and small ways and tell THEIR story. Leave the "strong leaders who are the public face of the company" stuff to the elitists.

And frankly, no amount of polish could have made the presentations last week any better. It was all smoke-n-mirrors-n-vaporware. If they're not going to present pricing, shipping dates, and carrier availability, they shouldn't present anything at all. (Steve Jobs himself, in his halcyon days, wouldn't have done any better in such circumstances).

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zahrajooon1254