Microsoft is listening...

SammyD97

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Here's a quote from a Microsoft Band manager in a Seattle Times blog:

Source: blogs.seattletimes.com/brierdudley/2014/11/03/with-microsoft-band-a-sense-of-companys-health/

More Google-like risk taking? The m.o. at MS really does appear to be changing under the new CEO.
At least they had the opportunity to be late to the game again and didn't take it. They should miss more opportunities like this one.

WillGrey

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
More Google-like risk taking? The m.o. at MS really does appear to be changing under the new CEO.

It's risk-taking in the sense of pushing out a new awesome product, but it's a measured risk in the sense of pushing it out to just the States first, instead of going all out worldwide from the get go. :) Yes Satya does seem to be making some really good changes!

trekgraham

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Whoa! Didn't realise I'd kick off quite a debate. Could those in the US answer a question for me (as I'm in the UK)... Was there a lot of media buzz in the US for the Band - i.e. News on TV, editorials, adverts etc. I'm curious to see what kind of waves this 'surprise' released created, compared with what normally happens when Apple releases something new. I suspect that it wasn't as much as we all know that the media outlets love Apple too much and find every opportunity to bash MS... or am I wrong in this case?

BTW - in the UK we got some online coverage on BBC News and Daily Mail. They were neutral to slightly positive on the release in terms of let's wait and see. I'm surprised that the headlines didn't read "MS steals the show from Apple with a pre-Christmas same day release!!!"

Anyway, I'm just saying...

Being in the United States, not seen a single ad for the watch but seeing ads for Surface Pro 3 and the yoga

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pinealguardians