Microsoft Lumia 950 Battery Life(For early 950 users)

CptShadows

Nov 26, 2015
Visit site
This one is for any one who has had the 950 sense before it's first 3-4 updates.

First off, I know that due to the amount of possessing taking place, open and background apps, as well as settings, this weights on the battery life.

I bought my 950 around a month after release. I remember there being an update that was causing the phone to get extremely hot and getting stuck in an update loop.

Has any one else who was around for that up date noticed how, for a phone less then a year old the battery life is considerably bad. My phone barely lasts 8 hours. My email accounts are manually updated, and I don't watch videos heavily and I don't play any games. The only background apps I have are facebook, twitter, and news.

Quite frankly if this is a wide spread problem, Microsoft owes us new batteries due to the overheating problem which as I see it damaged the battery and is causing poor battery life.

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Day one owner.... heavy user, email set to as it arrives on 4 accounts, background apps running like mad, 12-13 hours on the average day. if i stay away (pretty much use my band for all communication) it'll last 3-4 hours longer.

granted, this is after switching the the insider fast ring last month and a hard reset. before that, it was roughly 8-9 hours.

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Also a day-one owner; purchased the ATT version at a Microsoft retail store with the Complete coverage. I'm a medium user and get battery life comparable to ashram's; and I have never wanted/done Insider anything, nor required any hard resets. I just wait patiently for update notices, and they've all worked fine. I was sure I'd be getting a backup battery, but with what I get, and how quickly it charges, I've skipped even shopping for one. Heavy Bluetoothing and camera use (video specifically) are about the only things that drain the battery significantly. But, it's the best battery I've had on a phone. I moved from the 1020, which I still use occasionally for its superior camera. That one I got mint-used on Ebay, is still on 8.1, and also works as new. I have no interest in replacing the 950, although the phone is larger than I need and would be tempted by a 950 XS :wink:

anon(5327127)

May 25, 2011
Visit site
"Quite frankly if this is a wide spread problem, Microsoft owes us new batteries due to the overheating problem which as I see it damaged the battery and is causing poor battery life."

Batteries can simply suck at times. You might be placing your phone near a heat source that can reduce battery life etc. Just buy a new battery.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
The 950 has a genuine heating problem, my guess is due to the SD 808 CPU. The SD 808 was touted as an alternative to the blunder made by Qualcomm called the SD 810 but surprisingly the SD 810 v2 on the XL handles thermal dissipation better than the 950.

CptShadows

Nov 26, 2015
Visit site
http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10-mobile/400550-i-have-barrage-problems.html#post3336801

Other people experienced this over heating problem immediately after an early update. The phone would get so hot that LED's would glow red when they weren't lighted. . Microsoft even acknowledged this problem after the update, and with in a week rolled out a fix. As most tech savy people know, all it takes is one time of the circuits overheating to cause damage. Never the less the chemicals inside batteries don't work well with heat.

As a consumer I am not buying a new battery, when I had no fault at potentially damaging the device or the battery. At the time I didn't see it becoming a problem, but now that I can maybe use my phone for a good 45 minutes looking at facebook through out the day, 6 hours in the battery life is 25%. I don't see why I have to contribute to profits of a company that charges a premium price for unpremium product.

Maybe in your logic, Toyota users should have spent money to get their brake system replaced, and VW users should have paid to have their emissions systems fixed. Sorry, but I payed a premium price I demand to have quality, other wise that is bad business.

Chris 6

May 28, 2013
Visit site
My sister and myself bought the 950 as soon as it was released on AT&T and from day one have had battery issues, I have my screen on 25%, I have cut out the majority of my apps running in the background, I can see my battery just drain not even using it, I have done a soft reset, a hard reset, I have read lots of post about solutions on the battery problem and followed many directions on how to solve it but nothing has worked. Now my phone is randomly dropping my cellular single which means I miss phone calls and text messages (this problem is supposed to be fixed in the next update as soon as AT&T releases it) I have seen nothing where Microsoft has addressed the battery drain issue for the 950. I can say its not Window 10 Mobile I have a Lumia 735 which updated to Windows 10 and the battery on the 735 runs circles around the 950. I am very very close to giving this phone up and going to ebay and getting my 1520 back.

Nayden

Aug 11, 2017
Visit site
Almost 2 years of using my Lumia 950 dual sim and the battery become to drain quickly. Is it a normal battery behavior or the reason is additional burden caused by bluetooth connection with a smart watch. Thanks in advance for any posts related.

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Bluetooth does tax batteries on any device. When I'm traveling with music playing through my car's bluetooth, I always have the 950 plugged in. Same for cortana-bluetooth-assisted telephone use.

BUT, I'm on my fourth 950, and I've never had a battery problem for Microsoft to address. No extraordinary rundowns, nor heating issues: none. My current 950 is a dual-sim model I purchased second-hand here on the Marketplace. Last month my battery started running down faster than expected -maybe in 4-5 hours, rather than at least double that. One of the beauties of the 950 is that it has a replaceable battery, and yesterday when the battery seemed to not be charging at all, I replaced it with the battery from one of my trashed versions, and it's charging quickly and lasting all day again as expected. I think I have still another battery somewhere around here, and my guess the phone will again -as expected- outlast this battery.

farhanaxiq

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
Terrible battery, and will drain battery if you put it plugged all the time, this can be shown by removing the phone from the charger and than restart it to refresh the battery indicator.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99