Microsoft offered me xx for my iPad.

bruceabbott2

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
I was offered $270 for a 4th gen 32GB iPad with AT&T LTE.

Highway robbery... I really want to jump on the Surface bandwagon but their offer was a slap in the face! Unfortunately the craigslist route hasn't played out with all the no shows and lowballers.

Have you traded an iPad? If so, how much was their offer?

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site

Highway robbery... I really want to jump on the Surface bandwagon but their offer was a slap in the face! Unfortunately the craigslist route hasn't played out with all the no shows and lowballers.

Haha, so...you want top end price without the work also....? Not judging, just saying it won't happen. There is a reason the "set it and forget it" prices are less...because they are MUCH less work. Find that happy median and you are all set. Personally I try to use Amazon, check to see what it is worth there.

What is a good price? $350?

bruceabbott2

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Haha, so...you want top end price without the work also....? Not judging, just saying it won't happen. There is a reason the "set it and forget it" prices are less...because they are MUCH less work. Find that happy median and you are all set. Personally I try to use Amazon, check to see what it is worth there.

What is a good price? $350?

Let's just say Gamestop was offering way more. Something to the tune of $437. You know there's something wrong when GameStop offers more for something. My point was that to me it felt like MS wasn't even trying.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Seems to me the perceived value and the "REAL Value" is somewhat less than you expected. eBay might be your best bet to sell the iPad.

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Let's just say Gamestop was offering way more. Something to the tune of $437. You know there's something wrong when GameStop offers more for something. My point was that to me it felt like MS wasn't even trying.

There are not really trying. That is what the other person is trying to say. If you want the easy way out then its gonna cost you. Otherwise g/l selling your device on Craigslist. Or Gamestop since they are offering so much.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Seems to me the perceived value and the "REAL Value" is somewhat less than you expected. eBay might be your best bet to sell the iPad.

Maybe that's the point. MS know full well the production costs of the ipad and aren't going to fork out more money just because of a logo

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site

Ok, that is quite a bit of a difference, but if you think about it, MS has to move the item to a different company who also wants a cut because they have to process it and sell it. While GameStop will sell it themselves, so they can give more. But $160 is excessive...but you are stuck with GameStop credit, haha.

TeknoBlast

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
Everyone thinks that their device is worth more than what's being offered. One will never be satisfied with retailer trade offers. This is for anything you plan to trade to a retailer or company. This happens with vehicles, electronics, game, book, you name it....these companies will offer the least amount possible in hoping you're the (i)diot that will take the money.

Don't be mad because you were offered less than expected, be mad at yourself.

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
If you've ever bought or sold a used car, you'd know this is how it works: Customer buys product for $10,000 and tries to sell it used for $9,000, but really it's worth $7,500. Meanwhile, potential buyers are trying to get it for $6,500.

That offer seemed pretty good to me, but that's only because I wouldn't pay anything for an iPad as they have no appeal to me.

bruceabbott2

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
My point was that $270 for a device that retails for $729 was a joke. How could anybody take that "deal"? It just felt like they weren't taking their promotion seriously. I was expecting a lower offer than selling it private all in the name of convenience but not THAT low. This isn't a pity party. This was to inform others who may have wasted their time with the trade in program. In the end, I found a buyer, bought a 64 GB RT and still came out ahead so everyone's happy :)

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Maybe that's the point. MS know full well the production costs of the ipad and aren't going to fork out more money just because of a logo

Reminds me of a chap on ebay, who painted a Nokia 1208 with some white paint and listed it as Iphone 64GB, dumb people even bid crazy amounts on it :/

TeknoBlast

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site

I'll offer $280 shipped. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)