Microsoft plans new mixed-reality VR headset to rival Apple Vision Pro — may run Windows apps via the cloud

ShinyProton

Aug 9, 2023
Visit site
Not a chance in the consumer market.

Once again, Microsoft was there first and failed to properly time and adapt their product for consumers.
I have been an early adopter of the Windows MR platform and used it for years. But, as usual, Microsoft failed to properly support it almost immediate after launch. And, as usual, the ecosystem around it crumbled pretty quickly, leaving consumers with no apps.

I have since switch to Meta and it's fantastic and affordable Quest 3 that does everything Microsoft promised, even better. I have also deleted anything Windows MR in my setup as this unsupported and useless piece of sh1t was eating up disk space.

I have absolutely no confidence that Microsoft will create anything worthy in this domain, having destroyed its own platform and the brilliant team that was behind the innovation. Also, their inability to release properly priced devices to lure consumers in their project will continue to haunt them.

Finally, seeing what Meta did and projecting what the Quest 3 successor is going to be, Microsoft will not see my money anymore on the VR/MR front.

Meta is way too good in this field and understood what Microsoft could never figure out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
It's a toaster