Microsoft plans new mixed-reality VR headset to rival Apple Vision Pro — may run Windows apps via the cloud

ShinyProton

Aug 9, 2023
Visit site
Not a chance in the consumer market.

Once again, Microsoft was there first and failed to properly time and adapt their product for consumers.
I have been an early adopter of the Windows MR platform and used it for years. But, as usual, Microsoft failed to properly support it almost immediate after launch. And, as usual, the ecosystem around it crumbled pretty quickly, leaving consumers with no apps.

I have since switch to Meta and it's fantastic and affordable Quest 3 that does everything Microsoft promised, even better. I have also deleted anything Windows MR in my setup as this unsupported and useless piece of sh1t was eating up disk space.

I have absolutely no confidence that Microsoft will create anything worthy in this domain, having destroyed its own platform and the brilliant team that was behind the innovation. Also, their inability to release properly priced devices to lure consumers in their project will continue to haunt them.

Finally, seeing what Meta did and projecting what the Quest 3 successor is going to be, Microsoft will not see my money anymore on the VR/MR front.

Meta is way too good in this field and understood what Microsoft could never figure out.

MullenWP

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site
Just give me a reason why it would not be another Surface Duo (change to Android from previous Windows based product line, which already betrayed same target users multiple times)?

Arun Topez

Aug 19, 2023
Visit site
Microsoft had a superior product with the HoloLens 2 and should have innovated from that to scale it a lighter consumer-friendly size. They destroyed their UWP app platform instead of improving it, and now considering Android again while putting Windows apps as secondary? It should be the other way around. That would be a huge blow to their new Windows on ARM push and their Copilot+ PCs, as it shows they don't care about their ecosystem nor care about devs bringing more native apps to Windows. It should run Windows and it's apps natively, and secondarily able to emulate Android apps via the cloud.

I guess this Android headset will run the upcoming "Windows App" to stream Windows apps to the device. But this not a good move.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crazygamer23