Microsoft still has time to fix this hideous Start menu "update

GraniteStateColin

May 9, 2012
Visit site
For most Start menu features, whether positive or negative, most are largely cosmetic and personal preference. However, the missing Jump Lists for pinned apps is a daily pain point for me, wasting minutes of my time every single day. Start11 does fix this, but it's slow and crash-prone compared to the built-in Start menu, and so is ultimately as bad or worse than the missing Jump Lists.

If anyone from MS is reading this (or Windows Central writers who sometimes make notes of problems with Start), it is absurd that Jump Lists work for non-pinned apps (the ones users don't access frequently), but not for the frequently used Pinned apps. If anything, this is backwards, but rather than removing Jump Lists from non-pinned apps, please encourage MS to add them back for pinned apps.

We had this at least in Windows 7-10, and I think even in XP (and maybe 2000). This is a horrible degradation of a basic, important, and massive time saving feature for many of us power users who frequently use more apps than can be pinned to the Taskbar.

For all of us who run over a hundred apps (I have about 80 pinned, with hundreds more not pinned), we might not know all the app names, so need to access them through the Start group folders of pinned apps. We NEED Jump Lists to quickly get back to the document or computer (e.g., in PuTTY) recently used in that app.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
big boy in the fridge