Microsoft's staff in China will only be allowed to use iPhones at work after September for security reasons

naddy69

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
Microsoft demanding an Apple product for its own employees! Now we know why MS stopped selling Android phones. Imagine how much more embarrassing this would have been.

"Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella says, "Security underpins every layer of the tech stack, and it's our No. 1 priority. We are doubling down on this very important work, putting security above all else before all other features and investments."

Well, it certainly is Number 1 now after the Windows Recall disaster. How that got to the preview stage with absolutely no security is just mind boggling.

Given their history, I'm not sure that "doubling down" is enough. Maybe MS should be "quadrupling down" on security.

Last edited:

timwhite

Dec 28, 2023
Visit site
Are iPhones more secure simply because an “Android phone” could be made by a large number of manufacturers and is, therefore not a simple standard device IT can manage? Is iOS inherently more secure than Android? I like my iPhone, but I’ve noticed Google doing a lot lately to make their platforms more secure including Chrome OS, Android, and Google Workspace. I wonder if this is a move on Microsoft’s part to make one of their big competitors, Google, look worse in light of Microsoft’s recent security missteps.

naddy69

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
The answers to your first 2 questions are Probably and Undoubtedly.

Maybe Google is "doing a lot lately to make their platforms more secure" because they knew this move by MS was coming. I would not be surprised to see other companies follow Microsoft's lead on this.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic x