Migrating HERE MAPS favorites from Lumia 920 to MAPS on Lumia 950

SL2

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
So I just remembered that I had my old N8 with me as a spare navigator on a road trip in California.
It turns out that the favorites are still there! Now there may be no easy way to transfer them to Windows, but I'm just happy to find them. :D

Edit: It took me a couple of minutes to find an app (Lmmanager) and export the favorites from the phone. If I'm able to do it with this old OS it wouldn't surprise me if there's a solution for WP as well.

Last edited:

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
There is no Google Maps on Windows Mobile, so that is a nonstarter. Don't think there is any automated way to transfer from HERE to Bing Maps; spent about an hour manually doing mine and haven't looked back. HERE has only mentioned Android and iOS recently, and I suspect they dislike MS based off the Nokia purchase, and therefore won't be supporting Windows any time soon (just a guess; maybe they are more professional than I am giving them credit for). Please don't use words like "retarded".

HERE has been bought by a consortium of car manufacturers, so I don't think any such "feelings" come into it to be honest.

Windows Maps uses HERE data, so there is that.

In regards to favourites I can't really say as I'm no longer using WM10 on my 920 as the battery on my 920 is literally several hours on standby. I get slightly longer charge to charge time on WP8.1 compared to WM10. Otherwise I'd be using the insider preview.

abogdan

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
The tapping is always buggy not only for choosing a favorite star but also for choosing a manual destination point.
It happens only on my l950. On l920 (wm 8.1) works just fine.
I think is a bug for the wm10 version. Please confirm if anyone can tap correctly on map in Here Drive+ with any device running wm10.

p51mustang

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
L950: Tapping on the buttons and 'info boxes' is accurate, but tapping a place on the map brings up a point at the 11 o'clock position. :angry:

At least I can then move the map around to get back to the correct position. :eek:rly:

raggedy b

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi had various saved points/favourites on here maps on my 1020 but I now have the xl with here maps but no favourites,have signed out and in and synced with no luck ,anyone had similar problems and found a solution

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte