Miss W10M so much :(

witawabs

Sep 21, 2017
Visit site
I had the Galaxy S8+ last year, traded it for the S9+ this past March. The cameras are not what they are advertised to be. At least not in my book. And, by the way, the keyboard is trash. I want to throw the phone. It will bring up random things in the middle of a sentence such as "ing" "CV" "bnn" etc. I have cleared my history and done every trick the techs can come up with. They say it may be the screen protector. Well, try carrying around a $900 phone without a screen protector. I and my daughter, who still has the S8+ are so ready to throw these phones. They are beautiful, for sure, but the messaging app or the screen sensitivity is flawed somehow.

Admittedly, I am not the most accurate texter in the the world, but predictive text is laughable on this phone as is the sluggish keyboard. (I switched to the Gboard, and that is a little better.) And, for the keyboard to have such desensitized areas, the icons move about the screen with such alacrity. Frustrating to look for an app only to find an empty space and then find that you now have three screens opened instead of two and the lost icon now inhabits the third screen. Or to look down and find that you have apps open that you did not even touch. At times, you can just bring your finger close to the icon and it will open!!! But to send a sensible text, impossible. It is the little things about androids that will drive you, literally, insane.

I hear the ios people screaming for an always on display--such as the android users have and it makes me want to laugh!!! Hysterically, I might add. We had those on our Windows phones years ago. Tap to wake up, we also had. Voice prompts while texting and phoning we had that the android or apple users didn't know existed. And we had none of those little unpredictable icons littering a photo on our screens. Please give me a phone with live tiles again.

So, as a person who has jumped from iPhone 6s plus to two Samsung phones, and appreciated neither os, I am more than ready for a Windows phone experience AGAIN. My daughter and I both agree that neither Android nor Apple can hold a candle to our old Lumias. We would love to switch out our Galaxies, but there are no other operating systems besides Androids and Apples. We need that third option. We need Windows back.

Dwarf_King

Nov 10, 2016
Visit site
Look these Windows 10 mobiles will not stop work after December, 2019. They will still be able to surf the net with Microsoft Edge and other UWP apps. They will still be able to use the native Outlook app for checking mails. They will still be able to make phone calls and send text messages plus MMS. They will also still be able to take great pictures and synch up against OneDrive.

And many apps will also be usable as they are Universal apps. It is not like that the Windows 10 mobiles are useless when we hit December 2019. Yes you will not get the game Pokemon Go but when we bought these phones we kind of knew that already. Most of us bought these phones for other reasons like security and privacy that Android does not offer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jruasap