Missing app on Windows Mobile Store

grindathotte

May 8, 2017
Visit site
I appreciate that not many people here might be New Testament Greek scholars, but for those who are, there is a brilliant Windows app called “Heavenword NT Studies Toolkit” (<link removed - only store links alllowed for apps>). This was available to run on both Windows 10 (written for 8) and Windows mobile. In fact, a couple of years ago I switched to a WM phone because this was one of the few excellent apps that was not available on Android. I have just upgraded to a Lumia 950, went to install it, only to find that it has gone from the Microsoft Store (desktop version still there). I contacted the developers who told me that Microsoft had pulled it and they have no idea why. There is no obvious contact at Microsoft to query this with. I was wondering if anyone might have any contact details where I might find some answers as to why this was pulled. With the lack of apps being the major problem with what I personally consider to be a superior phone OS, it seems a bit surprising that MS would kill off such a good app themselves.

Last edited by a moderator:

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Have you checked in the My Library section of the Store as you may still be able to download it even if it was pulled from the Store.

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Mu guess is that they did not update the store entry with the new age restriction data (even if it is not age restricted they needed to do this) so MS took it down in case or corrupted the yoof.

grindathotte

May 8, 2017
Visit site
I can't find "My Library." Since the app was free, it does not appear in my account anywhere. When I upgraded my phone, a dimmed tile for the app appeared in the home screen. Tapping on here just took me to an error message in the store.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I can't find "My Library." Since the app was free, it does not appear in my account anywhere. When I upgraded my phone, a dimmed tile for the app appeared in the home screen. Tapping on here just took me to an error message in the store.

My Library should be in the "Hamburger Menu" at the top left of the screen.

grindathotte

May 8, 2017
Visit site
Thanks, I found "My Library" but not the app. I thought I had found it under the heading "Doesn't work on this device", then realised that that was the desktop version. Every other app I have ever installed is here, but this one has been removed.

Madam Mimi

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
I'm having the same issue with 3 apps after trying to set up a new phone. They're running on another 950 with the same OS version but they are not in my library anymore, not even under the "don't work" group.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte