Missing: Double tap to wake

WPhoney

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I have all updates but I don't have the "Double Tap" to wake under "Display" or "Touch".... My phone shipped with GDR2.

Anyone here has this feature?

WPhoney

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I used the phone's built-in updates option (Settings > System > Phone Update). Isn't that the same? It says all my software is updated.

WPhoney

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I found some info that might explain the absence of Double-Tap to Wake. Can anyone confirm?

The Lumia 625 runs Windows Phone 8 GDR2 (8.0.10328.78) with the Lumia Amber firmware update. GDR2 and Lumia Amber contain a number of updates and additions, which we covered in a recent feature. However, it is important to note that two of Nokia's more interesting customisations, glance screen and double tap to wake, have not been included with the Lumia 625 due to screen technology limitations (likely not being able to run the features in a power efficient manner). The updates do offer the Lumia 625 a few software extras over the other low cost Lumia devices, but this will only be the case for a few weeks as the updates are currently being rolled out to existing devices.

Source: Nokia Lumia 625 review - All About Windows Phone

tungha

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I found some info that might explain the absence of Double-Tap to Wake. Can anyone confirm?

Okay, in case you want to know, here's the story: At first, the 625 has come with the Double Tap feature, I know it because i had a chance to hands-on this prototype and first build of Amber for this device. BUT, later, Nokia remove this feature to make a 'safe' for Lumia 620 and 520. I don't know why my source says that all the 512MB RAM device can use this feature without any issue, but Nokia disabled it.

Chemilinski

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Isn't it because the 625 has an LCD display as opposed to an AMOLED one which means that the pixels cannot be selectively lit, so to as to not have the whole display permanently on when Glance is enabled they just disabled the feature.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077