Mms or email videos in mango

kregstrong

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Is sending videos that I filmed going to be an option in mango? I've tried to mms or email a small video I shot on my HTC trophy but it won't let me send it

Sent from my htc trophy using Board Express

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I sure hope they add both with the Mango update.

Just tried a short video and it has the share options to Facebook, SkyDrive and your email addresses so it is indeed working in the Mango beta.

(My video successfully uploaded to facebook, NEAT!) :)

Apoc

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Just tried a short video and it has the share options to Facebook, SkyDrive and your email addresses so it is indeed working in the Mango beta.

(My video successfully uploaded to facebook, NEAT!) :)

Are you able to send a short video to others with MMS? What about more than one picture at a time in a MMS?

Exomondo

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Are you able to send a short video to others with MMS? What about more than one picture at a time in a MMS?

At this stage 'Messaging' is not an option in Mango, just email, facebook and skydrive.

You can only send one picture at a time in an MMS from WP7 Mango (can you send more in a single MMS on other platforms?).
EDIT: or rather i can't find a way to do more than one picture in a single MMS...there may be a way

Last edited:

Apoc

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Wonder why they are limiting to one picture at a time? On my Nokia, Droid, & iOS devices I can send a min of 5 pictures at one time in MMS, without having to go through email. Oh well, maybe later on in another update.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
At this stage 'Messaging' is not an option in Mango, just email, facebook and skydrive.

So how are you doing this? When I access a video in Music & Videos, tap and hold, all I get is; Pin to Start & Delete. Recorded a quick 15 second clip, same result.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

dtboos

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
So how are you doing this? When I access a video in Music & Videos, tap and hold, all I get is; Pin to Start & Delete. Recorded a quick 15 second clip, same result.

Have to do it from the camera, or "camera roll" in the pictures hub far as I know (so far). Then its just 'menu' > 'share' in the camera application just like a picture, or press and hold on the video in the camera roll section of your pictures hub. You can't do it from within the zune/media hub.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Ok, now I see it. Thanks. So if I move a video out Camera Roll I lose the ability to share. Guess that's Ok. Going to try and move a couple back into Camera Roll next time I plug in to Zune.

jdunn

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I thought they were going to be adding the ability to share from skydrive as well in Mango..That would be a much welcome addition if it turns out to be true.

Apoc

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I was able to post video to facebook, with the NoDo update, so that is not a new feature. I'm hoping Mango will have a way to send videos & more than one picture to contacts, like other platforms. I know using email, will allow me to do more than one picture, but it's a few more steps, I shouldn't have to do all the time. Anyone has any new information on this?

dtboos

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone figured out a way to share video(s) taken on your phone with others on their phones?

Yah I send it to them via email typically since if they have a smart phone they will have email. Or you can upload to facebook/skydrive and share it from there. Unfortunately they didn't add the ability to send via MMS so if your friends don't have email on their phones, or don't have data plans it can't really be done.

Hopefully they add that with a future update.

Apoc

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Yah I send it to them via email typically since if they have a smart phone they will have email. Or you can upload to facebook/skydrive and share it from there. Unfortunately they didn't add the ability to send via MMS so if your friends don't have email on their phones, or don't have data plans it can't really be done.

Hopefully they add that with a future update.

Yes, that is the old way I've been doing since NoDo, just was checking to see if it was some other way since Mango. Thanks anyway!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
melvas66