Mobile Build 10149 is as Smooth & Fast as Official WP8.1..!!!

rex.reyesiii

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
hows the overall stability? did you have to perform hard reset after the update just to make it stable?

The only bug I have now I think is when the unit is sleep, when I click on the wake up button the screen just goes black. I have to remove the batteries to make it work again. But it does not happen alot compared to 10136(?) or the build before this one. Maybe once or thrice a day. Last time it was like every hour when I click on the button it just goes black.

I always install fresh, I never restore my old settings when updating, I didn't do a hard reset.

Wbutchart1

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
This just happened to me today. Call History was just gone all of a sudden and the non-working phone tile reappeared after not being there. Once I unpinned that and repinned the correct tile, I missed a call and now the live tile is stuck displaying that one missed called.

Just like you, unpinning the tile, rebooting, a soft reset, nor deleting the call worked. So, no fix as of yet. I'm not willing to do a hard reset to see if that works. I hate losing the call history, but so goes beta testing.
I had this issue - there are two phone apps in the app menu, one crashes the other has the missed calls stuff etc, through that one for me the dialer crashes.

grazy1982

May 28, 2014
Visit site
hi

sorry if this has been asked I haven't had time to read the entire thread, but have installed 10149 on my lumia 1020 and having some issues.

1) the phone app. looking at the photo in your post I don't have those toggles at the top for recent calls etc in the phone app. I only have a dialler. making it useless. I can use the people hub to call but not through the phone app

2) battery drain - the battery usage app displays nothing but have seen this elsewhere. going into the setting I can see usage though. its saying my photos are eating battery. every time I go into the app its looking for new photos (I have taken 3000 - 30GB worth) and double if you include both 5mp and 34mp. the photo app also doesn't display photos.

3) animations and lags start screen. I sometime get the animation and sometimes the background goes back to dark and the tiles loose transparency before transiting to the opened app

I'm happy if this is what everyone else is seeing but concerned if it isn't? I know it depends on hardware. I also have a busy start screen.

any comments?

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
Not if you still can't get texts announced and read to you. Every new release includes lots of trivial cosmetic changes but still not the second most important thing a phone does next to making calls? Until a build can do the very basics, people like me can't use it and give useful feedback on the other aspects.

I'm not sure what you're talking about, this was available in 10136 and is available in 10149 as well.

Is this on slow ring? When will slow ring next have an update

I bet this build will be soon, it's far more stable than anything else they've ever put out, including the slow ring build currently out there.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure what you're talking about, this was available in 10136 and is available in 10149 as well.
It wasn't available on my 1520.3 with 10136. I started a thread in these forums saying I couldn't believe it was missing and while not one person responded that it was there, numerous people including several moderators said I shouldn't worry about it being missing.

Can you explain how you turned it on in 10136 (or 10149)? In Wp8.1 it was a Speech sub option for Cortana although it worked exactly like Wp8 pre-Cortana. And You could specify if you wanted announcing and reading all the time or just over blue tooth. I spent hours going thru every single settings option in 10136 and I mean even settings that by name could not possibly relate such as WiFi settings. It is either not on my phone or so far out in left field you can't find it without accidentally stumbling on it.

Just to be clear, I am talking about having the phone verbally announce I have a text from xxxx and then asking me if I want it read to me and then doing so if I ask verbally. And then have the phone ask if I want to send a response and let me dictate the response verbally, all without ever touching the phone such as while driving (over blue-tooth) or when the phone is on a table out of reach. I could do all that as far back as the 521s when they came out and a bare minimum to using WM10 beta.

If MS is ditching this (and I won't believe 100% they aren't until its there or they at least mention it as a feature returning in a future release) its a huge mistake. I have converted a die hard iPhone user to WP just for that feature alone and numerous others are so envious they drool.

So I hope you can tell me how to turn this on in WM10.

grazy1982

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Okay. So, here's a fix. Next time you get a phone call, tap "ignore it". It will come up as a missed call. I think that clears it. Just to be sure, pull down the Action Center, tap the missed call notification to go into call history, then call the person back.

Now, if I can just figure out where my call history went.

Thanks for this! I had posted a comment about this and this fixed it! On a one off. But when you close and open again those tabs are gone again! Very weird

grazy1982

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Ok, I just fixed this bug with phone app, remove the phone app from the start screen and re pin it. It must be the older 8.1 dialler or something, once pinned back it works fine!

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
It wasn't available on my 1520.3 with 10136. I started a thread in these forums saying I couldn't believe it was missing and while not one person responded that it was there, numerous people including several moderators said I shouldn't worry about it being missing.

Can you explain how you turned it on in 10136 (or 10149)? In Wp8.1 it was a Speech sub option for Cortana although it worked exactly like Wp8 pre-Cortana. And You could specify if you wanted announcing and reading all the time or just over blue tooth. I spent hours going thru every single settings option in 10136 and I mean even settings that by name could not possibly relate such as WiFi settings. It is either not on my phone or so far out in left field you can't find it without accidentally stumbling on it.

Just to be clear, I am talking about having the phone verbally announce I have a text from xxxx and then asking me if I want it read to me and then doing so if I ask verbally. And then have the phone ask if I want to send a response and let me dictate the response verbally, all without ever touching the phone such as while driving (over blue-tooth) or when the phone is on a table out of reach. I could do all that as far back as the 521s when they came out and a bare minimum to using WM10 beta.

If MS is ditching this (and I won't believe 100% they aren't until its there or they at least mention it as a feature returning in a future release) its a huge mistake. I have converted a die hard iPhone user to WP just for that feature alone and numerous others are so envious they drool.

So I hope you can tell me how to turn this on in WM10.

Can't remember how I turned it on in 10136, but I am 100% certain that it worked (maybe because I upgraded direct from 8.1 where I already had that feature turned on? not sure), because I used that exact feature all last week. ...And in fact, I reported a bug on it (it was reading my texts while I was in the middle of a phone call) that I can see in the Feedback app just on Wednesday, the day before 10149 came out. In 10149, it's in Cortana's Notebook>Settings page.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Not even close to as fluid as 8.1, on my 1020. It's not my daily driver either, I completely reset it not long ago, even.

I'm sure it's alot faster on 1520/930 though...

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Dk92

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I actually believe this build is alot faster than 8.1. I haven't seen any resuming screens since installing it. Everything is immediate.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Terrible battery, same as all previous builds. I loaded it up, basically with a fresh install, on my 1020. On 8.1 update 2 I could get 3-4 days of standby. I'm lucky to get ~2 days now.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

mmcpher

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Battery is terrible..and still some lags and bugs..i have to restart phone many times per day

I've found battery life generally excellent, apart from a few times when some Gps enabled app got hung open in the background. A soft reset set it to rights. Keeping in mind that it's a TP Build several months behind the desktop versions and still months from final, I expect several soft resets per day. It's a fast enough cycle to be manageable.

majorfriend

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
Ya, I'm thinking the 1020 has some issues with this build.

I installed on my 1520 (daily driver) 4 days ago and have been very happy with it. Fast, Responsive, and good battery life (maybe down slightly but not enough to bother me). It has a couple quirks (apps that refuse to load, flashing quiet hours, but nothing too frustrating).

My experience was so good that I decided to install on my wife's 1020. I'm rolling it back to 8.1 as we speak. The battery life was terrible (though to be fair I didn't give the hard reset a chance). I had trouble with bluetooth and cell connections. Texts were slow going and out and coming in. MMS wasn't downloading (again a caveat, I didn't dig into the settings on this). Apps were crashing on a regular basis. I was having trouble adding accounts. Overall lag, etc. Put it all together and it just wasn't worth the headaches. My wife is fairly tech savvy, but not as much as me. If it was my phone I'd stick it out and perhaps I could find solutions to these issues. But with her's its just easier for me to roll back to 8.1 Not complaining. It's alpha software.

I'm just thinking MS might have a way to go to get this running smoothly on phones with older internals.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria