Windows 10 build 16296 discussion (Redstone 3, Fast)

thurask

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Windows 10 build 16296 discussion (Redstone 3, Fast)
WC: https://www.windowscentral.com/windows-10-preview-build-16296-now-rolling-out-fast-ring
MS: https://blogs.windows.com/windowsex...ng-windows-10-insider-preview-build-16296-pc/

New/Fixed on PC:
  • We fixed an issue where Hyper-V couldn’t create a VM on 3rd party network storage.
  • We fixed an issue where for the first few minutes after clean installing a non-English build many inbox app names might unexpectedly appear with English app names.
  • We fixed an issue where gaming apps using WebView with heavy use of HTML canvas might have unexpectedly had very low FPS in recent flights.

Broken on PC:
  • You will be unable to install *new*/additional language packs on this build. Pre-existing language packs (language packs you’ve installed previously) will carry over and work just fine.

This build and version is the latest Redstone 3 build in testing for Desktop Insiders on the Fast Ring.

Issues? Bugs? Solutions? For all things Windows 10 build 16296, discuss it here.

Basic tip

If you're having any issues with your device, try a reset.

Settings > Update & security > Recovery > Reset this PC > This provides you with two options: 1. Keep my files and 2. Remove everything

Keep my files

Does just as its name describes. If you choose the setting you can reinstall Windows 10 without having to back up any of the pictures, videos, music and documents that you have stored on it. You absolutely should back up these things just in case, but you shouldn’t need to use that back up. Keep My Files requires a certain amount of free space on your device. As such, it may be unavailable to you if your device is stuffed with a lot of files. If you get an error message asking for more storage when you choose this option you’ll need to back up your files and choose the remove everything option. You could also delete any files that you aren’t using on your device and try the option again. This option will take longer than the other options.

Remove Everything

Deletes every file, every setting from your device and gives you a blank copy of Windows 10 to work with. You’ll need to add any files you have backed up to your device again.

Rahsna Asurac

Dec 2, 2016
Visit site
So far, I'll give it 2 stars, but I had issues with the last two builds, where it would lock me out on the lock screen when I used PIN and tell me to restart to look for a fix (translated from Danish). I experienced that bug about 75% of the time on an Asus laptop. I experienced it again in this build but only once, and that was when I booted into build, subsequent attempts have worked as expected.

Other than that, mostly minor 1st party app-bugs (skype crashing occasionally, syncs stops working for a few minutes, OneNote stuck on loading screen - that kind of stuff, all of which is fixed with reopening the app :) )

I expect next build to return to 4-5 star ratings :)

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro