Mobile Build 10166 - 10536 how do you like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tepid

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Icon - Win10 10512 is ruining great so far. Installed and then reset, and did not restore from backup. Took a day, now its ruining great. Couple of hiccups, but nothing serious. Yes, if you don't mind dealing with a few snags here and there,I recommend installing.

thephiri2point1

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Installed on Lumia 640xl, no reset. Liking this build. Better than than 166. Apart from the known issues I'm failing to input my details into a game (war inc). Other than that it's mostly good

Penguin apple

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
Re: Which phone are you running Insider preview and how do you like it?

Build 10512 working great for me as well. Very happy about it. Lumia 920, hard reset (which means: no glance screen and that is a known issue for hard resets).
Why no glance? I believe (speculating) that glance screen will show up as a new option in settings in a future TP build or they will wait for the RTM. Right now, a hard reset simply does not install any old Windows Phone 8.1 code, I guess. It is not an issue itself since it is obsolete settings from WP 8.1, but as users we rely on it and expect it to be there, so Microsoft's down priority over it, is frustrating.

The lockscreen delay sure is annoying, but the things they did fix (phone calls freezing!) and performance things were great. They had more than 2000 fixes were mad between 10166 and this release. That is substantial. They say the next build will not take a month. That said, I expect the next build somewhere around 25-28 August. That is a number taken from nowhere, but it would make sense if they are going to return to normal release cycles. Let's hope the delayed lockscreen is fixed and that they keep tweaking the performance and stability, plus adding the Glance screen as a new settings option, replacing the old-fashioned Nokia Glance Screen WP 8.1 setting.

eehsun

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site

There's a workaround for enabling Glance. Download and open SysAppPusher, navigate to the Glance entry there, tap it; it'll take you to the Store listing for Glance. From there, tap Open. Essentially the app is 'there', but it is hidden. The same deal with Device Hub.

Lumious

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site

929 and 822. The 929 is wayyy faster in all aspects than the 822, which is to be expected. Build 10149 is when Windows 10 Mobile really started coming to life for me. Everything before that was torture to use a daily device or even just to test. Running 10512 on both devices, but I enjoyed using 10166 more.

Alfa Kapa

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site

On a lumia 730, the battery life is finally on par with WP8.1!
Everything is working slightly slower than WP8.1 (side by side with my secondary 630 which runs WP8.1) but htis is expected as our devices are sending data for telemetry.
There is going to be a pretty significant performance upgrate when W10m hits the final version forsure!

The biggest fail of build 10512 on my lumia 730 is that the lockscreen is prone to crashing (doesn't show the clock/ animations and crashes 1 out of 2 times when trying to unlock the device)
I've found out that when pressing the power button (or double tap) as soon as the lockscreen show up, swiping instantly to unlock reduce the chances to crash and be unresponsive for 1-2 minutes..
Also half of the times that I've left an app running and the screen times-out, when unlocking the phone the app disappears (crashes?)

So yeah, 2000 bug fixes and this problem and 1.

Stephen Townsley

Aug 2, 2014
Visit site

Lumia 1020.

Adds poor battery life and slow laggy screens and seems to work worse with the camera. Early days tho.

dkediger

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site

My spare 928. It's a little sluggish but had gotten better with 166 and more 512. Don't push it much, but overall I like.

Only real glitch - for me - is that apps like Runtastic or Caledos don't "see" my playlists in Groove.

On a somewhat related note, since MS Health and Fitness will be gone, would be an option in MS Health to GPS track a run.

Neil Manuel

May 6, 2015
Visit site

On a lumia 730, the battery life is finally on par with WP8.1!
Everything is working slightly slower than WP8.1 (side by side with my secondary 630 which runs WP8.1) but htis is expected as our devices are sending data for telemetry.
There is going to be a pretty significant performance upgrate when W10m hits the final version forsure!

The biggest fail of build 10512 on my lumia 730 is that the lockscreen is prone to crashing (doesn't show the clock/ animations and crashes 1 out of 2 times when trying to unlock the device)
I've found out that when pressing the power button (or double tap) as soon as the lockscreen show up, swiping instantly to unlock reduce the chances to crash and be unresponsive for 1-2 minutes..
Also half of the times that I've left an app running and the screen times-out, when unlocking the phone the app disappears (crashes?)

So yeah, 2000 bug fixes and this problem and 1.

Do you recommend installing it? And did you do a reset?

Yllemanden

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site

Lumia 720.

Good build, but the phone is so slow. But then again, same story on Win 8.1, so no big difference. Still insanely annoying.

sguy156

May 5, 2014
Visit site

1520 smooth animations but poor battery life and inconsistent toast notifications .. Hopefully the core experience gets better in the next build ..

mjrtoo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site

635. It's way, way better than previous builds but still issues. I get a lot of crashes in edge, especially when there are ads, or you've linked from Facebook or something. But generally the navigation is solid, some glitches in animations etc, but good.

Mufastang

Aug 17, 2015
Visit site

My 720 has been hit hard with the updates, everything was going fine, then when i updated to 10512, everything took a big performance hit. The start screen takes about 5+ seconds to display the time/date, the phone has gone back to staying in "headset" mode, which is very annoying for when i want to play music or make a phone call without using earphones because, well... i want to use my phone as a phone, and not being able to call doesn't exactly let me do that. I really, really like the new UI and the new features added, but with the trade off of the performance hit, i really don't think it's worth it. So hopefully with the next update they'll work on some more fixes rather than just adding a bunch of new features that once again aren't completely working (at least on my device)

Now I'm off to go try and fix my earphone jack for about the 50th time on this phone, wish me luck :sweaty:

Scouseman

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site

Using AT&T Lumia 640. Just updated this evening(10166). I also have a bit of lock screen delay as others. No major issues. It's my daily driver. The build I'm using is stable enough for everyday use. Didn't update to the latest yet, I'm waiting until things improve. But I am overall pleased with the performance.

mjrtoo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site

Using AT&T Lumia 640. Just updated this evening(10166). I also have a bit of lock screen delay as others. No major issues. It's my daily driver. The build I'm using is stable enough for everyday use. Didn't update to the latest yet, I'm waiting until things improve. But I am overall pleased with the performance.

Do your alarms work? Can't be a daily phone for me without reliable alarms.

Scouseman

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site

Do your alarms work? Can't be a daily phone for me without reliable alarms.

Yes ,alarms work fine. It was also fresh install, don't know if that makes a difference. What device are you using?

Kevin Harvell

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Lumia 820.
I updated from 8.1 2 days ago... It's smooth but still had a few issues. So, I decided to do a hard reset for a fresh install.
I have to say, it's a smooth build but I still have some issues:

1- Thumbnails in photo collection do not displa

2- Glance is gone. It was there and working fine after the update, but it was gone after the hard reset

3- Some apps are not available. Again, they were running smoothly after the update, but I'm unable to find after the hard reset.
- TeamViewer (I read a post above about it not being available for windows mobile at the moment)
- TrueCaller

These are important (for me)... other than that, it's running smooth

If anyone has a solution for the above... Please share

When you open the Store app, does the display seem to "zoom in" and move the Windows Store logo towards the bottom right corner of the display?

Just wondering if others are seeing this as well.

wiilweer

Dec 19, 2014
Visit site

I'm using 10512 on Lumia 925. It is my daily driver. Have been using TP since build before 10166 (don't remember). Performance is very nice, everything works besides the known bugs (except glance - it is working also). Only complaining about bad battery life but it has improved a lot from 10166.

Dandun Widiyanto

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site

10512 on my 532. Working fine, but a little trouble with store. Anytime I check update, it will tell that there are updates for about 20 apps like touch, display, path, glance, etc but always failed to download them so I should remove them from download queue.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo