Most annoying WP feature

Emerald Thales

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
First or foremost, I love my Windows Phone. However, the one built-in app that annoys me the most is the Picture Hub. It serves it's general purpose, but when it comes to tasks like making a separate album, I feel like I need a computer science degree. That's obviously an exaggeration, but I feel that it needs to be overhauled to make organizing pictures simpler (and without the use of computer software like Zune).

And does anyone have the problem when syncing pictures that some pictures never make it to an album, or favorites, but appear when sorted by date?

Well that's my little rant, anyone else care to express frustration with a built in feature?

WasteSomeTime

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I personally want the pictures live tile to only display certain friends from face book. I don't want to see the pictures I took. And I don't want to save them to my PC and then sync them to the phone.

Then have a friends use my phone and ask me why I have saved pictures of them on my phone. But I guess this is something that's possibly coming in windows 8 or the 7.8 update.

Sent from my SGH-i677 using Board Express

gkrew

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Here are my top annoying WP7 things:
no draft SMS feature
multiple home # but not mobile # in Contacts
no Bluetooth file transfer
no custom alerts option

wamsille

Banned
Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
If you want to truly see a phone suffer from a lack of multi-tasking, try an HTC One X. Beautiful design, solid looking phone but the software is terrible. HTC wanted to tweak the Android memory management in order to make the most of their bloated Sense UI so priority is given to the skin they apply to Ice Cream Sandwich in order to make Android their own. This results in a phone that chokes after running more than four apps at once and makes you restart programs more often than not.

I'll admit, Windows Phone 7.x lacks some polish in a few areas. No current mobile OS is perfect though many will claim to be when in all honesty they just make things look pretty. On the surface Windows 8 introduces enough improvements that, over the course of time, will enable developers to level the playing field a bit and make this a three pony race between Apple, Google and Microsoft.

diapers

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
If you want to truly see a phone suffer from a lack of multi-tasking, try an HTC One X. Beautiful design, solid looking phone but the software is terrible. HTC wanted to tweak the Android memory management in order to make the most of their bloated Sense UI so priority is given to the skin they apply to Ice Cream Sandwich in order to make Android their own. This results in a phone that chokes after running more than four apps at once and makes you restart programs more often than not.

As a software developer this is a lame excuse. Just because some other os sucks at multitasking doesn't mean you don't do multitasking.. it means you do it better without the problems that other os is facing.

wamsille

Banned
Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
As a software developer this is a lame excuse. Just because some other os sucks at multitasking doesn't mean you don't do multitasking.. it means you do it better without the problems that other os is facing.

I was making an excuse for Windows Phone?

Every OS out there has experienced problems with or simply lacked true multi-tasking at one iteration or another. If you ever had a Palm OS device you would agree with me. It's been seen on the iPhone, Android, webOS, Windows Mobile, Windows Phone - it just happens. This is not an excuse nor do I excuse the behavior or limitations of the hardware.

As a consumer, I buy things based on what they will do for me. I can't crack open my phone and double the RAM or add a dedicated GPU. If that was the case the Nexus S 4G would still be my phone - I would have already increased the internal storage to 32GB and added a SD slot for starters before increasing the RAM and upgrading the processor. Since phones aren't upgradable computers I have to plan for the future and what I will use my phone for.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luiandovaf