MPATool and the Music Hub Tile app?

Joseph Young4

May 3, 2014
Visit site
If I upgrade to 8.1, I hear that the mpatool will still work if I'm using the music hub app. Is this true? Also, if I do use the Music hub app, will my tags still be messed up like they are on the official windows app for music on 8.1?

Adriaan NL

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
If I upgrade to 8.1, I hear that the mpatool will still work if I'm using the music hub app. Is this true? Also, if I do use the Music hub app, will my tags still be messed up like they are on the official windows app for music on 8.1?

The tags will be interpreted how you would expect: normally. I don't know if MPAtool works though.

xconomicron

Sep 20, 2007
Visit site
1. the old music app from music hub tile will not change tags/metadata or interpret tags wrong like the new music app does

2. yes MPATool still works with the old music app from MHT.

So basically, it's a win win for me.

Adriaan NL

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
The grey interface is a downside for me (also behind the menu's to select music, which cannot be changed through MPAtool). In addition, the slider of the new Xbox app is handy and it is supported with updates. For example, we'll be getting a live tile sometime soon. But to me, the black background in the whole app will be the main reason to go to Xbox Music once it's "optimal" and has a transparent tile.

But for now, the old app offers speed, though there's a latency compared 8.0 when you open the app and when you press "albums" (or artists, whichever you choose).

xconomicron

Sep 20, 2007
Visit site
Yes it does. This is the sole reason why I am not opening the new music app until it gets better and stops changing metadata on it's own.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Tr?s, Oy qu'il a-t-il wok. Oy world on my 810 Wen i a-t-il hard th? musc hun Alp installer.

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

I'm SO sorry this posted in French. Apparently, I made a major goof while browsing and posting on the forums via my HTC One. :-[ lol

Adriaan NL

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I'm SO sorry this posted in French. Apparently, I made a major goof while browsing and posting on the forums via my HTC One. :-[ lol

Is that French? That's not what we learned in high school... Or is that a French autocorrect? LOL

On-topic: @xconomicron, the Xbox Music app doesn't "change" the metadata, I think it interprets it differently. If it would actually change it, the old music hub would not be able to present it normally either. But for "misreadings", I have zero issues with the Xbox music app. Have you tried mp3tag? Problem with most tag-editors is that they don't actually change the tag, like xbox music, even though it displays otherwise.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Is that French? That's not what we learned in high school... Or is that a French autocorrect? LOL

On-topic: @xconomicron, the Xbox Music app doesn't "change" the metadata, I think it interprets it differently. If it would actually change it, the old music hub would not be able to present it normally either. But for "misreadings", I have zero issues with the Xbox music app. Have you tried mp3tag? Problem with most tag-editors is that they don't actually change the tag, like xbox music, even though it displays otherwise.

LMAO, said so on my keyboard, but it looked like broken French at best. 😜

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss