MS not listening to Xbox music users

afkaboogieman

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I can't agree more with this post. There's no excuse in 2014 for a modern smartphone ecosystem to have such a terrible music experience. The two week update cycle is kind of a cop-out on Microsoft's part - they're tacitly admitting how far behind this app is and how much damn work it needs.

I've been a Windows phone user since Windows Mobile 5.0, and an Xbox Music subscriber for two years. WHY DO I CONTINUE TO GIVE YOU MY MONEY FOR THESE POOR EXPERIENCES?

DaT Franchise

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Just like I said In another thread its sad when a person at home can cook a music app in a few weeks that will have just about everything you would want yet Microsoft can even fix what they already have then to charge 10 bucks a month. Sorry I dont care what people say, beta, it takes months to work out bugs or what ever.....horse 💩 Microsoft has had at least a year to get there crap together with this app.

fiveaces01

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
look at the way other companies and their mobile services have evolved. First their was iTunes and the iPOD. While I am not a fan of iTunes and the restrictions in using it...it is UNDENIABLE that this is what paved the way for the iPhone. After a long period of adjustments by both MS and the new music (Xbox) experience... it was my opinion and those that I showed my phone to, finally edging ahead of iTunes. Now they decide to scrap all that and ask us to be patient and wait on the improvements in this beta app. Again?? Really ?? How long??

deezus

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
look at the way other companies and their mobile services have evolved. First their was iTunes and the iPOD. While I am not a fan of iTunes and the restrictions in using it...it is UNDENIABLE that this is what paved the way for the iPhone. After a long period of adjustments by both MS and the new music (Xbox) experience... it was my opinion and those that I showed my phone to, finally edging ahead of iTunes. Now they decide to scrap all that and ask us to be patient and wait on the improvements in this beta app. Again?? Really ?? How long??

This is what I'm saying....ty

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I love the site ,and love what they do. But everytime they get one of these Microsoft, Xbox Media, or Windows Phone cronies before them to interview, they give them softballs. Ask the real questions. Like why aren't they listening to their user base? And you know they will say we are, but blah blah blah. At which point they need to call them out and say, "no, your not listening or would have addressed everything that the masses have been screaming about". Ask what excuse they have for dumping a great Zune product because the Apple idiots made fun of it, and not caring that the Microsoft supporters loved it. Ask why in 4 years there is no way to manage your local music and video libraries. I'm about done. I've been the biggest Microsoft supporter (Windows phones, surfaces, Xbox's, PC's), but I cant stand that with each season, I lose features instead of gaining them. And even worse is no one is accountable for this, and there is just either lame excuses or flat out ignoring our demands.

radmanvr

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Have you ever used Zune software? What other music app have you used? The Xbox music app is a player only with no compelling features. For paying customers and ex Zuners this app is garbage.

How many features could you possible have. I have not used Zune. I used winamp a long time ago.

And maybe thats why I am not actually using xbox music service just using it as a music player. I get my music from another source instead of downloading through an xbox music sub. My wife does though and she seems to be satisfied.

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
How many features could you possible have. I have not used Zune. I used winamp a long time ago.

And maybe thats why I am not actually using xbox music service just using it as a music player. I get my music from another source instead of downloading through an xbox music sub. My wife does though and she seems to be satisfied.

How many can you possibly have? More than this pile of crap. I get you haven't used Zune, but come on. If your going to leave out the ability to edit the metadata, then you better make damn sure it can read it correctly. Because otherwise when it takes an mp3 clearly marked in the metadata as AC/DC and turns it into BB King, then what flipping good are you?

radmanvr

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
When you say metadata do you mean, Artist, Title, Album, Year, Genre?

If so then, how is it your songs don't come already configured. When I get a song it has all those information and even the correct picture shows up

Are you pirating songs and expecting it to work correctly and than getting mad when you can edit the info of the track?

Maybe try editing it on the computer before you sync it with your divice

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
When you say metadata do you mean, Artist, Title, Album, Year, Genre?

If so then, how is it your songs don't come already configured. When I get a song it has all those information and even the correct picture shows up

Are you pirating songs and expecting it to work correctly and than getting mad when you can edit the info of the track?

Maybe try editing it on the computer before you sync it with your divice

I didn't pirate crap. As pointes out by the other gentleman, music we have ripped from STORE BOUGHT CD's has its metadata destroyed my Xbox Music. Music but DRM free from iTunes also has its metadata destroyed.

deezus

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site

Proper sorting, opting out of cloud matching, music and artist suggesting on what I like or own, multiple track/album purchasing at one time, screensaver, favorites marking. These were all basic features of Zune software. Oh and how about a cool splash screen?

radmanvr

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Oh ok interesting I didn't know there was features like that. I guess you guys are paying so thats why you are mad because of lack of features. All I need is play, rewind, shuffle, forward, repeat. I don't look at my phone when I am listening to music so I don't care much for a splash picture or anything. I also do not need to see the name of the song and artist because I put the song on there so I already know who sings it and what its called. IDK maybe im plain.

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Dont forget smart playlist. Have no idea why that was removed also, and has been AWOL for three years. All are basic features of iTunes. Horrible business strategy.

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
So are we ever going to get updates that address our local libraries? Or are all the updates for Music and Video foe this streaming crap? I've seen three years of streaming updates, I'd like to see three straight years of making my f'ing library work already.

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
These are great comments, in this string, about the music experience we have had in the past with Zune, and want again. Please read and vote, especially since Microsoft User Voice closed the VOTING after something like 60,000+ votes to bring back the Zune functionality and features. Read the comments. The fledgling Xbox Music App developers really do, have a long way to go before we'll have a mature software/app experience.

Long Nguyen Huu

May 25, 2014
Visit site
1 : long boot . slow loading music . cue the text ( 're looking for music ................... ) very inhibited. I'm not good expressing priority between music and memory sew

2 : jump over the North Asia lag chan me its just smoother as type 8.0 foul ago. see fast rule song list 30 cards of the past is but lag . always horrible lag . glue Posts beer album not move smoother .

3 : Ms do not allow users to freely edit music file information and photos of the singer should follow their health .
Before you can use on mpatool more beautiful .

Ms slave to rule over bad music xbox only supports music of American and it found no support Asia Europe Latin America .... etc. . Image via string if any provision of miscellaneous fish in the sand as landfill . excuse me that in order to see the photos automatically measuring tape or something else you can suggest more photos for me acquire images from google or bing measurement source .

4 : no major support eliquaze genres or classic pop rook ... etc.

5 : the disappearance of live tiles : an improvement retreat from extremely deprived wp8.0 zune to 8.1 and now live tile completely disappeared . users do not like this

6 : the disappearance of : whats new : this classification rule to a playlist also.
*copy music to forget names or heart tile is not much cop out copies cloud new threads

Anything else you bared more completive

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, I hate doing this but would anyone be willing to put a vote or two, or three, for this suggestion?

Button for manual rebuilding of Music cache whtin the app

I ran into this yesterday and was totally frustrated and I too had to hard reset the phone to get the app to re-index my music and re-extract my cover art properly. Also, since I did this (and quickly turned off "Show streaming music in my collection") the app is working SO much better!

Now, I ran into an issue with the Xbox Music App for Windows 8.1, but that's another story/thread.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dazt6h