MS store shipping update

brandon_powell

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Have even checked and not going to bother checking or waiting for an MS email. Just sign up for MY UPS and whenever your address is entered into their system you get a email or text immediately. I have been getting shipping notices from UPS quicker than I get them from Amazon.

Bottom line is you don't have to wait for anyone to send you your tracking number now, ups does it for you.

MS did make good on it though, shipping was upgraded to next day delivery by 12:00pm. I did originally have 2 day ship.

Should have it by noon tomorrow!

I have that but it is being sent to my work and that service will not cover commercial addresses.

JaiMento

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
So I finally broke down and just drove my **** down to a MS Store and picked up the phone. They were nice enough to honor the online pre-order deal for me and I was able to get the $50 and flip cover for free. Great customer service in store. Horrible experience online. Lesson learned.

Shockwave78

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Finally got around to checking thr ms online store about my order this morning. Still no change but the phone should be here around noon according to ups. The package is 1.5lbs so it's defiantly the phone coming at least. I would assume all the freebies are with it as those are peanuts to Microsoft.

brandon_powell

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Well my order just got moved to level 3 customer service. L1 & 2 both say I should have received my phone but can't provide any tracking information. L3 takes up to 72 hours responded by email. Fun Times.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Well my order just got moved to level 3 customer service. L1 & 2 both say I should have received my phone but can't provide any tracking information. L3 takes up to 72 hours responded by email. Fun Times.

I gave up with my preorder. Cancelled and bought the phone outright from my local AT&T store. Walked out having spent $591.00. Bummed about the horrendous fiasco that Microsoft put us through, but happy with the phone. Good luck with your Level 3 customer service experience. :)

leo74

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Got a red 1520 on Friday. My wife witnessed my pain over the preorder (which I canceled) and went out to hunt this phone down for me. Still can't believe that MS messed up so badly. Didn't get the 50$ in apps or the Nokia cover, but she bought the Belkin cover for me and I really like it. That was the last time I placed a preorder for a device though. I am too old to handle that stuff emotionally :) hope everyone else gets the phone soon. I feel your pain...

crav4speed

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I couldn't wait any longer and bought the phone from the Microsoft store. They new about the promotion with the free flip case and $50 app card and honored it right away. Awesome people working at the Huntington, Long Island store!! On the way home, I called MS to cancel my preorder. My credit card has a pending transaction from Saturday and the website still says "in process". The lady on the phone said she couldn't cancel it and escalated the case. We'll see what happens.

brandon_powell

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I finally received a response from the level 3 rep. They have no idea what went wrong with the order. They apologized and have given me a store credit for the value of the free preorder stuff and just a bit more for my trouble. So in the end Microsoft did the right thing (at least for me) and made up for a botched preorder.

JaiMento

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I finally received a response from the level 3 rep. They have no idea what went wrong with the order. They apologized and have given me a store credit for the value of the free preorder stuff and just a bit more for my trouble. So in the end Microsoft did the right thing (at least for me) and made up for a botched preorder.

I'm glad you finally got everything squared away with them. I, myself, just barely got everything sorted with them the other day. I had prordered the phone on 11/8 as well and did not get it shipped to me on launch. So instead of waiting for them, I went to a physical store and picked one up and was able to get all of the preorder bonuses. When I went to cancel, they told me the order had already processed and shipped so I couldn't cancel and would have to do a return. When I got the product, I tried to do a return, and they said that the order doesn't even show that it was shipped yet, so they would have to escalate it. After escalation, I finally got a return label and sent the products back, after which, I got a second email saying they couldn't process a refund, because their system showed I was never charged. So I had to send in proof of charges. Finally, yesterday, I saw a refund for the ~$600 charge that had been sitting on my credit card since 11/22. Unfortunately, I think I was already charged 1 month's worth of interest on that amount, which is a lot, cause I used my PayPal cc, which I use for all of my online purchases, that I usually payoff right away after using, but didn't do this time, cause I was waiting for the refund.

Anyway, long story short, horrible experience with MS Online Store, great experience with MS physical store, everything is right again in my world of MS, but I will only shop the physical store from here on out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria