Multiple questions I couldn't find answers to for new Windows 10 Mobile TP, can I get some help?

lrn2board

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Multiple questions I couldn't find answers to for new Windows 10 Mobile TP

First, I was very hesitant at first to put this on my daily driver, but after doing it, I am pretty pumped, 75% of the stuff I need to use the phone for works, but there are some issues:

1. I can't for the life of me turn off speech. I just don't want my phone to read the texts messages to me while listening through BT because this feature is super buggy and keeps reading texts during music and phone calls AND reads the wrong contacts name when I recieve the text, anyone have a solution?

2. I can't for the life of me figure out how to get my xbox music pass to work with the new music player, which annoyed me becasue I really wanted to listen to an artist, so I ended up paying for their album (Marian Hill was the artist, if you like alternative/electronic, def check her out)

3. Can't seem to get Myatt to work on the phone to check data and such, anyone else have this issue?

Besides that, it has some bumps and such, but def expected with these TP's, and so far I haven't had anything happen that was so drastic that I had to revert. Thanks in advance to anyone who helps out, cheers!

ncbartschi

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Re: Multiple questions I couldn't find answers to for new Windows 10 Mobile TP

I don't have any issues getting the new music player to work my Music Pass subscription. Maybe make sure your phone is added as a device, although I never had to do this.

lrn2board

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site

I don't have any issues getting the new music player to work my Music Pass subscription. Maybe make sure your phone is added as a device, although I never had to do this.
I am almost certain it is listed, but where do I go to find new music not in my collection? The only place I found in the app directs you to the music section of the new store (Beta) and every album has a price attatched to it. All my previous music that I had already gotten from my music pass shows up, I just want new music

lrn2board

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site

Re: #1...do you by any chance have "narrator" turned on accidentally? Check in settings>ease of access.
I do not, but I figured out how to stop it, which is I had to turn cortana off. She was buggy in this build anyway.

ncbartschi

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site

Are you having issues playing your music using Music Pass, or can you just not add songs using Windows 10?

If you can't add music, I think I know what may be going on. As far as I know, Microsoft still hasn't yet enabled a way to add songs through Music Pass using the store on Windows Phone 10, which is why all songs are showing up as a purchase through the store. This means until then, you'll have to add new music through either the Xbox Music webplayer or desktop player.

The ability to add songs to your phone for Music Pass will be in a future build or app update. It currently works on the Win10 desktop music app.

lrn2board

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site

Are you having issues playing your music using Music Pass, or can you just not add songs using Windows 10?

If you can't add music, I think I know what may be going on. As far as I know, Microsoft still hasn't yet enabled a way to add songs through Music Pass using the store on Windows Phone 10, which is why all songs are showing up as a purchase through the store. This means until then, you'll have to add new music through either the Xbox Music webplayer or desktop player.

The ability to add songs to your phone for Music Pass will be in a future build or app update. It currently works on the Win10 desktop music app.
Thank you for the information, i was looking to add music, so do I just download on my pc and it will show up on my phone, or do I need to save it on my pc to OneDrive?

ncbartschi

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site

No need to download, just add that song to your collection (should be just a matter of clicking the ... and going Add to > Collection for each song or album). After this, you should be able to find that song on your phone. However, I noticed the new music app on windows 10 phone is slow to update, so don't get confused if it takes a while to show up on your phone after adding it. Restarting might help it force a library refresh.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss