Music and sound control panel in WP8.1

GrandGerminator

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Hello tout le monde !

I'll talk about a problem that maybe you're encountering too since the Windows Phone 8 launch.

The problem is about time of the music control panel that appear when you hit the volume buttons on your phone. In WP7 and 7.5, this control panel stayed on screen for at least 6 seconds, then you had enough time to read songs titles and change songs as you want.

With WP8, this time has been reduced to something like 2 seconds, and right now, with WP8.1, I got the feeling that it even doesn't let you the time to listen the beggining of the music you just choosed before disapear. I also noticed that when you click on your listening playlist in the music app, the time counter is the same : you can't stop to scroll then read the music title properly that the menu has already disapeared, so you have to open it again (in WP8)
Somebody has the same thought on it ?

Thanks for reading

Attachments

• wp_ss_20140418_0002.jpg
    wp_ss_20140418_0002.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 2

Anonymous_India

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Yes your observations are right and I too was feeling the same but as of now I do not face any problem and I mean it is fine if the time has reduced. Not much has been lost here although for some it might be bad but for me it is almost the same. :)

marksimon322

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Re: Windows Phone Application Development Team

I think the Windows Phone Application Development team did a brilliant job by giving granular controls for Individual Apps on how they send notification. I can not only disable them from appearing them in the Action center but also control about showing banner or the toast notification, sound and vibration. Depending upon what I choose different sound for different app - that's just awesome!

Mark Simon
Windows Mobile Apps Development | Windows Application Development | Agile Infoways

GrandGerminator

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
I know the job theu did, even if from my opinion it was simple to mute the entire phone by put 0/30 instead of checking two volumes controls...
I'm most talking about the control panel appearing time while we check mudics and sounds

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99