Muzik Player beta test (a new music player for WP8.1)

Broadbandrocks

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Beta testers of the world unite, can I have an add...please...?

Well, after a wait of a few days this person doesn't eventually want my business....so just forget the request...

I'm out...

Last edited:

tech21man

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Can anybody inform me about the way windows phone handle sample rates when playing mp3, wav etc?

In android even in the kernel it is said for every thing 44,1 etc to be "up" sampled to 48 khz with a terrible resampler and it does take a hit in the audio quality (at least on the phones who actually have a decent audio circuit).

Does the music (xbox) app uses wasapi or xaudio?

Does it have a fixed rate with upsampling or can it alternate according to the source sample rate?

Fact is, many mp3 were made by ripping audio cd's which were 44,1 correct? So as a result resampling to 48khz might have a negative impact on sound quality.

Also, why no eq on music players? Nokia used to do it along with dolby but even the recent 635 I got for my wife doesn't anymore.

Does musik player have the capability of alternating sampling rates and add eq or other enhancements?

I've noticed moli player pro sounding a lot different than xbox music when playing the same song with quality headphones, (louder and crisper but harsher)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria