My 1520 is poppin'

JamesDax

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
So I'm on the bus checking my email and this teen girl says to her girl friend "ain't his joint poppin?" to which her friend reply's "wow it's big. What is it?" to which the first girl says "it's a windows phone. It's poppin." 😊

Just thought I'd share that. Good to see young folks recognizing windows phone and thinking they're "poppin"

Last edited:

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
LOL! I thought your phone was making a popping sound. Glad to see you're having a good time with it.

Last edited:

Shockwave78

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Everyone i have shown the phone there eyes get really big like HOLY **** WTF IS THAT?!??!...There reactions are really a lot different than i thought they would be. Most people love it although they do say it is kind of big. But you can just see the jealousy in there eyes after they look at it or if you let them use it for a bit lol. The trick is to give the phone a chance, i think i am going to keep mine after all. Although i am noticing the sim card tray is making a "popping" or "clicking" sound that is pretty annoying whenever it is touch even lightly. I think i am going to call up this week and change my return to a exchange if possible.

I have gone out with the phone a few times to the bars or out to eat. And i'll be using it here and there, i'll look up really quick and always see two or three people looking at it :D , then of course they look away really quick :D

**EDIT**

Just called and asked for the exchange, no problems at all with it. They charged my card for the new one, same price $549, free overnight shipping AND they are shipping me all the pre-order freebies again and i don't have to ship the original ones back! :)

I asked her about the reasons why everyones returns are being escalated and taking days or weeks to process a return and get the shipping label out. She basically said they do not know but the phone launch and Xbox One launch on the same day caused all the issues. She also said the reason the phones did not arrive on launch day or the day before is because Nokia did not actually get the phones to Microsoft until the 22nd to be shipped out.

Overall that was probably the best customer service experience in awhile. Person was pretty well informed, nice and helpful.

Last edited:

rbiasca

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Everyone i have shown the phone there eyes get really big like HOLY **** WTF IS THAT?!??!...There reactions are really a lot different than i thought they would be. Most people love it although they do say it is kind of big. But you can just see the jealousy in there eyes after they look at it or if you let them use it for a bit lol. The trick is to give the phone a chance, i think i am going to keep mine after all. Although i am noticing the sim card tray is making a "popping" or "clicking" sound that is pretty annoying whenever it is touch even lightly. I think i am going to call up this week and change my return to a exchange if possible.

I have gone out with the phone a few times to the bars or out to eat. And i'll be using it here and there, i'll look up really quick and always see two or three people looking at it :D , then of course they look away really quick :D

**EDIT**

Just called and asked for the exchange, no problems at all with it. They charged my card for the new one, same price $549, free overnight shipping AND they are shipping me all the pre-order freebies again and i don't have to ship the original ones back! :)

I asked her about the reasons why everyones returns are being escalated and taking days or weeks to process a return and get the shipping label out. She basically said they do not know but the phone launch and Xbox One launch on the same day caused all the issues. She also said the reason the phones did not arrive on launch day or the day before is because Nokia did not actually get the phones to Microsoft until the 22nd to be shipped out.

Overall that was probably the best customer service experience in awhile. Person was pretty well informed, nice and helpful.

It is big, only took a couple of days and now I can't live without it!

5150 Joker

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
I had the same reactions when I first purchased my international Galaxy Note. This was before it was introduced in the US so almost everyone that saw it was amazed by it's size. Keep in mind this is a few years ago when most phones were still 4.0" so the Note really stood out.

angusdegraosta

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Popping (and banging) are such great expressions... and they're talking Windows Phone no less! I've yet to see the bigger models up close.

psudotechzealot

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
So I'm on the bus checking my email and this teen girl says to her girl friend "ain't his joint poppin?" to which her friend reply's "wow it's big. What is it?" to which the first girl says "it's a windows phone. It's poppin." ��

Just thought I'd share that. Good to see young folks recognizing windows phone and thinking they're "poppin"

106ww75.jpg.jpg

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
So I'm on the bus checking my email and this teen girl says to her girl friend "ain't his joint poppin?" to which her friend reply's "wow it's big. What is it?" to which the first girl says "it's a windows phone. It's poppin." 

Do people talk like this? I think that's the amazing part of the story ;-)

Trench Mouth

Banned
Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
Perhaps they were jesting? I mean, to an extent they were by utilizing "poppin," but as a adolescent I and a friend used to say a silly word or hear one elsewhere and as a means of laughter. So, actually they may have been having some fun...make sense?

Maybe they had no opinion of the phone at all and were merely using its unusual size as a reason to say "poppin"?

Creeto

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Perhaps they were jesting? I mean, to an extent they were by utilizing "poppin," but as a adolescent I and a friend used to say a silly word or hear one elsewhere and as a means of laughter. So, actually they may have been having some fun...make sense?

Maybe they had no opinion of the phone at all and were merely using its unusual size as a reason to say "poppin"?

lol. In hip hop culture "poppin" is a positive slang. Like saying that's what's up or happenin. Or that party last night was poppin.... Etc

Urban Dictionary: poppin

I like this type of poppin , ludacris has a song about it.

"3. verb Usually proceeded by '*****', this can be abbreviated to mean the same thing. "***** Poppin'" is the art of a woman bending over during a dance to reveal her ******, so that her dance partner can effectivley 'pop' it."

"windows poppin on a kick stand" jk

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Popping (and banging) are such great expressions... and they're talking Windows Phone no less! I've yet to see the bigger models up close.

Hmm, well, popping your Lumia may be fine, but banging it is likely to void the warranty. Also, it may be difficult to get the stains out...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb