My Android Experience is about over

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
About to pick up an IPhone 5s using tmobile Jump!

A few things I learned about Android. A lot of things but the main functions are better on Android than Windows Phone.

Where Windows Phone 8.1 kicks Androids a$$,
Phone,SMS, People/hub, calendar, cotana, start screen, email, outlook.com It isn't even close, android was a frustrating experience especially with the Microsoft services not working as expected.

I downloaded the outlook app to sync my contacts, email and calendar. Email, and calendar works great, contacts sync but can't be edited and you can't add contacts to outlook.com from the device.

I then set up outlook.com as an exchange account, email, contacts (two way sync) work great but then it doesn't sync all my calendars. I ended up using both functions to get everything to work

Where Android does better than Windows Phone:
Notification center, apps, app quality, google services.

I really hope the "Nokia/Microsoft Mobile" Lumia 930 comes to tmobile or a variant of the 1520 without all the issues.

Why i am going to an iPhone, at this point I want a device that just works and has all the apps I need (for work and they are not in Windows phone yet) and tmobile has lousy offerings for Windows phone now. At least I still have my Lumia 920.,

Sent from LG G2 on T-Mobile. come on T-Mobile get a flagship Windows Phone!!!!!

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
ah iphone5S is great. If you can wait iPhone 6 is around the corner it will ship with latest hardware and specs (A8 chip and maybe a HD screen ? ) I am not saying don't buy iPhone 5S , it's the best iPhone till date (I love the finger print scanner , tried it in a store and played with it for 15 min lol ). you wont miss any android services on iPhone , you will have a great youtube and hangouts experience with all the business applications ( you will have office too :D )
Congratulations for your iphone5s :smile:

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. I wish the sim card was the same size as my Lumia 920. Considering selling it now :( I don't use google that much outside of YouTube and hangouts (group chat). I use 100% ms services from Office 365, outlook.com, Bing, and Xbox.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. I wish the sim card was the same size as my Lumia 920.

Just get a good quality adapter and you can swap all you want. I did that when I had an iPhone 5 and it worked great. This German made adapter has been proven to be a very high quality one. It's not cheap though.

Is this your first go with iPhone? I think you'll love it! In my opinion the iPhone is the best at fulfilling the saying "It just works!" It has any kind of app, they're high quality, they're the first to arrive, and the whole experience is optimized. The biggest beef I had with the iPhone 5 (besides the price) was the screen size. If you can wait a few months I would 2nd Himanshu Chowdhary's advice to wait for the iPhone 6.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I did get the iPhone 5s. Great device and feels so tiny in my hand. The apps are very high quality. Tapatalk for windows phone looks like somebody in the third grade designed it. The iPhone version is very clean and very well designed. Besides the screen size and lack of live tiles, everything is better. I don't buy that windows phone is a new platform when it has been 4 years since it came out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium