My app is causing the "Lock button issue"

Rafael Yousuf

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Hey everyone, i have developed a universal app written in XAML and C#. My app is now published in the store: RTA Car Driver Knowledge Test Simulator | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Sometimes, when you open the app and use it for a while then exit it, it causes the same problems that "The Chive" app caused. As you can see my app doesnt have videos or GIF images in it that might be calling the 'Keep Awake' function. I don't know what is the cause of this.

Comparing my app to the chive app, both are universal, both are targeting Windows Phone 8.1 and both have Ads in common. I have been trying to figure it out but i keep thinking that maybe the 'Ad Mediator' control is causing this since i am using it in my app. I am not sure what 'The Chive' app used for ads however.

Can anyone confirm this issue? does anyone have a clue on why or what is causing this?

Note: i had this app in the store as a private beta for about a month and that beta version is the same as the final one except for disabling a button and some translation fixes. Also this app is integrated with Cortana.

Thank you all...

***UPDATE***
I have removed the ad mediator from my app and replaced it with the Microsoft Ad control and the Ad Duplex ad control but the same problem still happened. Also i installed the updated version on a clean Windows Phone Device (Windows Phone 8.1 Update with only stock settings and programs) and the same bug happened. I feel that this is more of an OS bug.

I hope that one of the Microsoft Employees here on these forums read this and hopefully provide some information about this weird bug, otherwise they are of no use here if they can't help with the serious issues on Windows Phone.

BTW while searching the internet i found other cases for this bug, it happened with The Chive app and also an app called GOLOTTO that was pulled from the store because of this bug.

Please, any information no matter how little it is might actually help solving this weird bug.

Thank you all.

Last edited:

Rafael Yousuf

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
***UPDATE***
I have removed the ad mediator from my app and replaced it with the Microsoft Ad control and the Ad Duplex ad control but the same problem still happened. Also i installed the updated version on a clean Windows Phone Device (Windows Phone 8.1 Update with only stock settings and programs) and the same bug happened. I feel that this is more of an OS bug.

I hope that one of the Microsoft Employees here on these forums read this and hopefully provide some information about this weird bug, otherwise they are of no use here if they can't help with the serious issues on Windows Phone.

BTW while searching the internet i found other cases for this bug, it happened with The Chive app and also an app called GOLOTTO that was pulled from the store because of this bug.

Please, any information no matter how little it is might actually help solving this weird bug.

Thank you all.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes