My Dell Venue Pro is arriving today!

vtective

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I ordered it on Monday night and it is on it way to me now. I purchased the 8GB version.

I'm coming from Android, which I am no fan of. I previously owned an EVO, which was "bricked" via an update to Froyo. The phone was so short stocked that I could not find a replacment and ended up getting an Epic. I did not have any luck with that phone. The USB port is now broke and Sprint and Samsung are horrible about updates for the thing.

I'm excited to use WP7. It looks great and cohesive, even if it is currently lacking some important features. In this way, it is similar to my Palm Pre, which was one of my favorite phones.

Anyway, once it arrives I will try to post some pictures of it next to my Epic. Let me know if there are questions I can answer once it is recieved.

foosball

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
I ordered it on Monday night and it is on it way to me now. I purchased the 8GB version.

I'm coming from Android, which I am no fan of. I previously owned an EVO, which was "bricked" via an update to Froyo. The phone was so short stocked that I could not find a replacment and ended up getting an Epic. I did not have any luck with that phone. The USB port is now broke and Sprint and Samsung are horrible about updates for the thing.

I'm excited to use WP7. It looks great and cohesive, even if it is currently lacking some important features. In this way, it is similar to my Palm Pre, which was one of my favorite phones.

Anyway, once it arrives I will try to post some pictures of it next to my Epic. Let me know if there are questions I can answer once it is recieved.

Hey, please let us know what you think of your DVP. I really like the hardware Dell has released to market but I've also seen the complaints on this board. Hope it works out well for you.

gibbyhome

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I love my Dell Venue Pro
the only downside is
1 way to heavy
2 the camera is not as good as my old Samsung Focus..
other than that replaced my SD Card and love the phone

vtective

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Sorry for the delay. After two Dell Venue Pro's, I have sent it back. Unfortunately I had way too many freezes with Wi-Fi and T-Mobile's 3g service is spotty in my area, leaving me with little option to browse the web from the comfort of my couch.

The hardware is beautiful. I appreciate the heft... it makes it feel solid. It's close in size to my epic. I also like the screen's clarity, but it does washout more than Super Amoled by Samsung. The hardware on my first DVP was much better, on the second the power button was a little to recessed.

I loved Windows Phone 7 though. I'm going to break down and join my wife's plan at AT&T, but I will get the Samsung Focus over the iPhone 4 at this point. It's such a smooth operating system. However... I can't really find the perfect twitter app. Does anyone know of an app that doesn't take you to the top of the timeline, similar to the twitter app on Android?

gibbyhome

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
well it sounds like dell is still shipping Dell Venue Pro's with bad SD Cards
I'm sorry to hear that but the Samsung Focus is an Awsome phone ... I won't spend the money thorugh with ATT I think they are crazy high priced, I'm waiting for Sprint..

Sorry for the delay. After two Dell Venue Pro's, I have sent it back. Unfortunately I had way too many freezes with Wi-Fi and T-Mobile's 3g service is spotty in my area, leaving me with little option to browse the web from the comfort of my couch.

The hardware is beautiful. I appreciate the heft... it makes it feel solid. It's close in size to my epic. I also like the screen's clarity, but it does washout more than Super Amoled by Samsung. The hardware on my first DVP was much better, on the second the power button was a little to recessed.

I loved Windows Phone 7 though. I'm going to break down and join my wife's plan at AT&T, but I will get the Samsung Focus over the iPhone 4 at this point. It's such a smooth operating system. However... I can't really find the perfect twitter app. Does anyone know of an app that doesn't take you to the top of the timeline, similar to the twitter app on Android?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa