My desktop I my laptop wont stop refreshing

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

After i turn on my laptop I get to the desktop and it starts to stop responding and tries to refresh the desktop to fix the problem, but after it refreshed it goes into a loop and doesn't stop refreshing. The only app that I can open is task manager but I have to use control alt delete to open it. I just got the laptop a year ago and all of the drivers are updated. It is windows 10. Does anyone know what could be wrong with it?

W

Windows Central Question

My desktop on my laptop wont stop refreshing

After i turn on my laptop I get to the desktop and it starts to stop responding and tries to refresh the desktop to fix the problem, but after it refreshed it goes into a loop and doesn't stop refreshing. The only app that I can open is task manager but I have to use control alt delete to open it. I just got the laptop a year ago and all of the drivers are updated. It is windows 10. Does anyone know what could be wrong with it?

W

Windows Central Question

My desktop on my laptop wont stop refreshing

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Re: My desktop on my laptop wont stop refreshing

Hi Try to get into the Advanced Startup mode. You will find several options to repair your computer! If you need more help,please join the forum and someone will help you! Here's how you can get into Advanced Startup mode if you didn't make a system repair disk!
If your PC isn’t loading Windows 10 and you don’t have the operating system installation files, you can use the following trick.

Start your computer and follow the POST, when Windows should begin loading, press the power button to shutdown your computer.

Repeat the previous step twice, and in the third restart the operating system should enter into the Windows Recovery Environment (Windows RE), where a number of diagnostics will be performed to try fix any booting issues, but you will also get an option to access the Windows Startup Settings.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/310085-join-windows-central-community.html

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Threads Merged.

User... Please do not create multiple threads on your issue. It actually works against you as any advice gets scattered around and a coherent conversation cannot develop as easily...

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread... Please see this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Chemy JMHT

VR Expert
Nov 6, 2016
Visit site
I didn't actually get the problem, I think the system freezes once the Windows finish the start and shows the Desktop background, that case you should try starting in Safe Mode and see if that works, you will first need to follow the steps Holdum333 gave and then:

- After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings > Restart.
- After your PC restarts, you'll see a list of options. Select 4 or F4 to start your PC in Safe Mode. Or if you'll need to use the Internet, select 5 or F5 for Safe Mode with Networking.

If you are able to enter in the System in safe mode maybe it's a drivers problem or a software which is running after Windows log on.

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi guys! thanks for joining this thread. I like team work!:wink: Trying to boot into safe mode is a good idea! It has been my experience that the OP never joins the forum and you never hear from them again; even though they posted three times about their problem. Here's a great link from HTG about W10 Advanced Startup Options.
HTG is my go to guy for these things!:grin: I don't know for sure where the OP is in POST. Any way thanks for helping. It's appreciated!
How to Use the Advanced Startup Options to Fix Your Windows 8 or 10 PC

Lux_CometFTW

Jan 3, 2017
Visit site
Thank you all for the advice but in the end none of it worked I finally cracked and decided to factory reset my computer. It's probably for the best. It works just fine now and I believe that it was because of the amount of things that I had downloaded on to my computer. Granted I have a terabyte of space and only used less then half of it. Again I thank you all for the great advice.

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi Thanks for joining the forum and thank you for posting how you solved your problem. I'm glad a reset worked for you. Would you care to share with the forum how you got to the reset feature. That would help other members with this problem.:wink:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb