My experience with the 640xl as a DD

leandrodp2016

Feb 12, 2016
Visit site
Just to spread some postivity, I wanted to share my lumia journey. I bought the 640 xl last january as a back up phone (main was a LG G3). The price was right, and I had previously owned a 630 (which I loved), but the lack of LTE coverage and low screen resolution meant it had to go. For some strange reason, the LG burnt its battery -and charging unit- while charging, so I had to pick up the Lumia, until I managed to get something else . It was 3 months ago and it still is my daily driver.
I have to say, since the W10 update things improved a lot. The Maps app proved to be trusty and reliable, it tells the speed of my car perfectly well, and displays max speed and even some traffic information. It helps me get everywhere without issues.
I have never missed a call or had any typing issues.
The only downside would be the camera, really. I believe it was better on w8.1. Office apps are great and work just fine, like outlook. Edge is great. I have a mini ipad2 , and sometimes web pages load multiple times while you're trying to read something. Never happened on my Lumia.
TuneIn app works perfectly, so does the Netflix app, mobile payment app, Groove and Podcast app (I LOVE that one). Spotify, on the other hand, is a pain to use. Too slow, it literally takes ages to load, even with already downloaded playlists, but that's the best streaming service I've come across this far. Instagram app crashes a lot, though, I have to do a soft reset to get it to work sometimes. Twitter and Whatsapp both are truly great.
I became a fan of Age of Empires and play that a lot during the day.
I also read books with an epub reader app, and large pdf books stored in my sd card.

I have to say I use plenty of apps, get amazing battery life, and it still works flawlesly as PHONE (in terms of cell recepcion and such). The mobile hotspot function also works great. I am pleasently surprised with this phone, and hope Microsoft doesn't give up. Just my 2 cents. Thanks for reading!.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Instagram app crashes a lot, though, I have to do a soft reset to get it to work sometimes.

I have to say I use plenty of apps, get amazing battery life, and it still works flawlesly as PHONE (in terms of cell recepcion and such). The mobile hotspot function also works great. I am pleasently surprised with this phone, and hope Microsoft doesn't give up. Just my 2 cents. Thanks for reading!.

try using 6tag if instagram crashes a lot - it's an alternative app for instagram but it works better in some cases than instagram itself :smile:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99