• Welcome to the all-new Windows Central Forums! - We're still moving some things around, so you may see a few quirks here and there, but we're working on getting things fully completed as soon as possible. For now, take a look around, and if you run into any major issues, please let us know in this thread!

"My family needs to be setup " can't update apps

• Thread starter WPCentral Question
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

WPCentral Question

I have just updated my lumia 820 to Cyan 8.1 and can't update or download apps from the store .I always get the message ; " My family needs to be set up before you can get this app .Ask a parent to go to windowsphone.com/family on their computer , sign in with their Microsoft account, and set up My Family "

I made a parent account and created an email to add as a kid and made a profile for him in Xbox. My Microsoft account in the ( email+accounts ) is fine and doesn't ask for attention or anything and I'm 19 years old and my birthdate in the e-mail is set to the year 1995

Please someone help me with this problem

Thanks,

Sep 16, 2013
Sounds like the kid account is the main account. You need to switch over to make sure an adult account is the lead account then you can download apps

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Christel, just change your birth date to match that you're 21+ yrs old and everything should be fine. I had the same issue with my hotmail account (although I've been 18 back then) so I just created another one with birth date set to xx.xx.1980 😅 I didn't consider changing my birth date on the old account as it was full of spam anyway, so just created a new one...

Note: After changing your birth date re-sync your main account.

xandros9

Community Review Team
Nov 12, 2012
Christel, just change your birth date to match that you're 21+ yrs old and everything should be fine. I had the same issue with my hotmail account (although I've been 18 back then) so I just created another one with birth date set to xx.xx.1980 😅 I didn't consider changing my birth date on the old account as it was full of spam anyway, so just created a new one...

Note: After changing your birth date re-sync your main account.

I endorse this solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.