My issues where Edge needs some serious work

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Well, I hate to really complain, but there are some REALLY damn annoying things with Edge that I wish I knew who made these decisions so I can smack them...

1. Most times when I open a new tab, I have to click on the address bar or the search bar to be able to type. It would be AWESOME if this was the focus by default.
2. Opening Edge. So, you can open Edge with the icon. Traditionally, if you want to open another browser window (not tab), you can shift+click on the icon and a new instance is open (or click on the icon again to launch it if the app is on another screen). Not with Edge.
3. Opening a new tab is easy. But let's say you want to take that newly open tab, detach it and put is on another monitor? Nope, you have to detach it, let it go on the same monitor you took it from, the grab it again and move it to another screen.
4. When i am in Outlook.com for email, it does not auto refresh when I get new mail (well, it does sometimes, but rarely), so I have to manually refresh to see if I have new mail.

I am sure there will be more that I can add to this, but I am just at a loss that such BASIC functionality is mind boggling to me.

stevesu

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Agreeing and adding...although I recall they're adding functionality as they go (big changes coming soon from what I recall).
1. Agree. My assumption is they want you to be able to read the news and stuff and on a tablet, that is taken away from the keyboard popping up. Mitigation is to do as you say in Desktop Mode.
2. Disagree. Ctrl+Click and Shift+click work just fine for me.
3. Disagree. I can grab a tab and move it directly to another monitor.
4. Haven't tried this one.
5. Tablet swiping to go back... I can't tell you how much I miss this feature!!!!!

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
1. Most times when I open a new tab, I have to click on the address bar or the search bar to be able to type. It would be AWESOME if this was the focus by default.

Actually had issues with this as well, but after awhile it seemed cool

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Agreeing and adding...although I recall they're adding functionality as they go (big changes coming soon from what I recall).
1. Agree. My assumption is they want you to be able to read the news and stuff and on a tablet, that is taken away from the keyboard popping up. Mitigation is to do as you say in Desktop Mode.
2. Disagree. Ctrl+Click and Shift+click work just fine for me.
3. Disagree. I can grab a tab and move it directly to another monitor.
4. Haven't tried this one.
5. Tablet swiping to go back... I can't tell you how much I miss this feature!!!!!

Strange, because on #2, I can't use these on my home machine, work desktop and work laptop.
On #3, same for me, I can't do it on any of my 3 main machines. :(

stevesu

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
#3 I use daily. #2 I think I misread your statement...I do that when clicking links within Edge. When clicking the Edge Icon on the taskbar, I do not have the functionality you described. Nor can I open a new window of tabs via right-click. I used to use that in Win8.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire