My Lumia 820 is stuck loading on WP10 install, what should I do?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Lumia 820 stuck loading on WP10 install

Hi,
Could someone help please, installing WP10 beta on a Lumia 820 and after the install I just get the blue windows icon with 'Not for resale' in red, then onto the Nokia logo, and it just loops endlessly.
Is there anyway I can reset the phone, I tried once and got a white settings logo with a lightning icon, but haven't yet got past the black loading screen. Flummoxed, and peeved!!

kewawoman

May 16, 2015
Visit site
Re: Lumia 820 stuck loading on WP10 install

The Hard Reset sequence of buttons to be pushed and/or held varies with device, i.e., for my Lumia 1020, it is slightly different than that posted by njnbat. Also, after my second hard reset and reinstall of the new 10080 build, I was able to access my OneDrive files, finally.

For Nokia 1020:
Method 1: Windows Menu

STEP 1: Browse to SETTINGS, then ABOUT, then tap RESET YOUR PHONE.

STEP 2: Follow any confirmation prompts, and your Nokia Lumia 1020 will reboot ?like new? with factory settings. ALL OTHER DATA WILL BE LOST.

Method 2: External Buttons

STEP 1: Press and hold the CAMERA, VOLUME DOWN, and POWER keys at the same time until your phone resets.

STEP 2: If that does not hard reset your Nokia Lumia 1020, turn off your phone and press and hold the POWER button.

STEP 3: Once the phone vibrates, release the POWER button and press and hold the VOLUME DOWN button.

STEP 4: An exclamation mark will appear on the screen. Release the VOLUME DOWN button.

STEP 5: Press the following button combination: VOLUME UP, VOLUME DOWN, POWER, VOLUME DOWN. Your Nokia Lumia 1020 will now reset to factory settings.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: Lumia 820 stuck loading on WP10 install

I mostly skip the three button combo and go for the exclamation mark, but then again I don't resort to Hard resets often :/

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markarmjamtions