my windows10 phone chewed up 2 GB updating and restarting

clintbx

May 15, 2016
Visit site
Hey guys,

Have any of you experienced unaccounted data drain after updating and restarting your windows 10 phones?

I had a scheduled restart last night and as I was using it, it kept asking me if I wanted to change the schedule. I allowed it to keep the update and restart schedule.

Then I noticed that it was a few minutes the scheduled time. I went to the update settings and hit restart now.

It kinda froze in the restart process, so I just held down the power button. And then it restarted ok. Installed whatever it had to update.

I check my mobile data usage to find that 2 GBs has been used.

Aside from my frustration because I was certain that I had mobile data turned off and my home WiFi on... How much data does a win 10 update normally take? 2GB seems high.

And the other thing that confuses me is, when I checked my usage details, I see 600+ MB Facebook and 200+ MB Microsoft Edge.
I don't use Facebook that much and when I do, I make sure I'm using WiFi.

Anyway, has anyone had this kind of experience before? Is there something about windows phones I need to know about?

I'm gonna have expensive phone bill.

Clinton

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
2 duplicate threads deleted...

User... Do not create multiple threads on your issue. It actually works against you as any advice gets scattered around and a coherent conversation cannot develop as easily...

clintbx

May 15, 2016
Visit site
Dupe threads? I was sure I only created one.

A anyway, turns out that just need to restart my phone. The metered data indicator was incorrect. The update glitches it.

I think I accidentally hit submit thread by accident when I was typing this message. Damn keyboard kept dropping and I hit the submit button before cancelling in time.

Sorry bout that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium