MyMobileR v Viewer

meoman

Feb 27, 2009
Visit site
I am getting counter arguments here that the Free 'MyMobileR' application does the near screen size of the new PC Viewer. I am a big advocate of RedFly/Celio but the few extras with RedFly (top icons etc) viewer make the cost difference hard to justify.. can anyone back me up here with extra plus points that favor RedFly Viewer?

Aware

Mar 23, 2008
Visit site
MyMobiler does not seem to present anything other than the native screen size of the phone - although it can zoom the screen so it is larger, it's not adding support for any more information or extra pixels.

It does seem to have better cut/copy/paste support and some other stuff that I'm kind of ambivalent about right now.

http://www.mymobiler.com/manual.aspx

drowe

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
MyMobiler connects automatically whenever I cradle the phone, I have to start the Viewer. MyMobiler doesn't require "enhanced network functionality" which causes flakey connections on my boxes, YMMV. I use MyMobiler to do installs, it is easier to hit the buttons with a mouse instead of a stylus. With MyMobiler, after the install you can see what the program is going to look like on your phone, where you will be looking at it 90% of the time, rather than what it will look like when you hook up your Redfly.

The only real advantage to Viewer is it gives me the same view as I have if I connect to my C8. It also has all the disadvantages of the Redfly with not being able to view the wallpaper, Spb products are distorted, some programs don't display at all. I love my Redfly and when I'm away from my computer it is wonderful, but MyMobiler wins hands down for me on the desktop.

Aware

Mar 23, 2008
Visit site
I agree that being able to see the phone screen as the phone would present it is an advantage. I think I posted the suggestion somewhere that we need a "native phone resolution" option added to Mobile Viewer. If I didn't, then I posted it now ;-)

I'd also like to see a scale option for the native resolution - 2x, 3x, 4x phone resolution.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiebention