Mytube like app on android?

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Coming from my beloved windows 10 mobile phone to Android is a shock to my system.

I need a mytube replacement for android. The stock YouTube app is rather... 🤒

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Mod note: please keep it legal. Any discussion of warez and APKs that violate YouTube's terms of use are strictly forbidden.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
As for the ads, you can get a browser that blocks ads (like opera mini) and just watch YouTube in the browser.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
But then you are missing all the features from the app.

Sent from mTalk

That's a fair point. It depends how you use YouTube. You still get recommended videos after watching a video and you can log in via the browser too, so your watching history should sync. Since you can't install YouTube from an Android phone , you can just use it for notifications only.

As for streaming audio, I don't know.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
As for streaming audio, I don't know.

Chrome on Android streams audio with the screen off. I do it on radio web sites, or other sites hosting audio. I don't know if other browsers on Android do it; I use Chrome almost exclusively. I also haven't tried streaming through YouTube's web site, since I subscribe to YouTube Red and use the app.

Sargon Aelther

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
Mod note: please keep it legal. Any discussion of warez and APKs that violate YouTube's terms of use are strictly forbidden.

So WC can write countless articles about myTube! and other 3rd party YouTube apps that allow you to download videos and bypass ads, but when people wish to discuss them on the forums, it's forbidden all of a sudden? Ok...

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
So WC can write countless articles about myTube! and other 3rd party YouTube apps that allow you to download videos and bypass ads, but when people wish to discuss them on the forums, it's forbidden all of a sudden? Ok...

It does seem a bit hypocritical. But yet I believe this is different because Google allows the apps on Windows phone, even though they technically break YouTube's ToS. Google doesn't allow similar apps on the Play Store or Apple's App Store. I'm guessing Google doesn't chase the Windows apps because it's not worth it due to a very small user base. Gotta throw them users a bone you know!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion