Navigate using voice

Zolotoy

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
On Android I use Call to call someone and Navigate to get directions. How do I navigate on W8 phone using voice?

Thanks

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
So are you wanting turn by turn directions? On the Lumia line, there is Nokia Drive. I am not sure the other OEMs have turn by turn, unless you buy an app from the store. As far as you speaking to the phone and telling ti where you want to go, that is not yet supported.

Zolotoy

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
So are you wanting turn by turn directions? On the Lumia line, there is Nokia Drive. I am not sure the other OEMs have turn by turn, unless you buy an app from the store. As far as you speaking to the phone and telling ti where you want to go, that is not yet supported.
It's so strange. Microsoft has been asking us where do you want to go at least for 10 years and it is still not supported.

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
It's so strange. Microsoft has been asking us where do you want to go at least for 10 years and it is still not supported.
Speech to text, in general, is pretty poorly implemented in WP8. With iOS and Android touting this as a major feature I am quite shocked MS left it in the state that it's in.

Zolotoy

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
So, there is no such a thing as a voice keyboard in W8? IN Android any time you bring a keyboard there is an option to dictate.

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
So, there is no such a thing as a voice keyboard in W8? IN Android any time you bring a keyboard there is an option to dictate.
There is, but only in certain instances, which is strange. You have the option while texting, writing an email, etc. Within apps, unless the developer adds the feature, it is not available.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb