Navigon + Lumia 920 + charger = flat battery

Roderick Laird

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Even with a 1A rated charger, my Nokia goes flat when using Navigon for 2 hours. It's impossible to go on a reasonable drive! Surely this cannot be true...
Disabling 4G, background tasks and setting low screen brightness does not help. Phone still discharges.
Any similar experiences or suggestions?

kevin2577

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
The limitation may not be the charger but the charging cable, same thing happened to me, but bought a charging only cable which doesn't limit the output like data USB ones often do in car chargers

kevin2577

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I also find the cable that came with the phone works okay too, but a charge cable is better, and is quite cheap to find online

CoZmicShReddeR

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I am using the Visible Green Car Charger Cable from Dexim with a PowerJolt Dual Universal Micro From Griffin didn't buy them together and the Griffin Dual is just a 12 volt 1 amp charger... I bought them both at BestBuy but you can purchases them both from just about anywhere even the suppliers website... The Dexim cable only lights up when the phone is taking a charge so far I can confirm I have two cables and they really do work... They do look a bit fragile... The Griffin Dual USB charger does charge my iPad3 even though it's not the higher amperage version or at least the charge indicator says its charging... I am posting this because I remember before I bought the Dexim cables my Samsung Focus S and my Nokia Lumia 920 both were dead when using GPS for a long time even though I had them connected to the charge cables so I think it's best to use a better grade cable or at least try something new...

chrgeorgeson

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
That would be Navigon's fault. Also I'm not sure Navigon's features are worth ?50 over Nokia Drive
Like any Mapping software your mileage will vary.
Nokia Maps sucks in my area, which in turn means Nokia Drive + sucks in my area. Navigon has worked perfectly everytime for me.

ynight

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
That's most likely a navigon issue. I've used 920 with Nokia drive, it lasts about 3-3.5hours before ran out. And I tried a car charger(not sure about specs but 2$ from amazon), it goes on for 3 hours and still at 70%. That's more than 8 hours straight and I feel that's enough for most of my needs

James Jennett

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
It's not just Navigon, I have had the same happen with Drive and with Waze on long drives.

it's probably the screen constantly updating and running GPS that is eating the battery quicker than the charger can put juice into it. This is of course with all non-essential features turned OFF for the drive (wifi, bluetooth etc.)

Mine lasted about 3 hours. The phone needs a beefier battery, which is never going to happen.

Answer is to use a Tom Tom or dedicated sat-nav over a 920.

Or drive at 200mph.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janecruise