Need help from Lumia 640 Xl W10M users

sundawn

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Hey friends i need help from you,
i m currently able to get a lumia 640 Xl at a very good price, which i would like to use as a W10M device but it would gonna be my main and only device.

So i want to ask you guys that how is the performance of Lumia 640 Xl with W10M with both current general public and insiders builds. Is it reliable on any of these builds and stable to use as main work device.

My main concern, is it stable and reliable enough that OS and Apps not crash and causes random reboots. did W10M has mature enough untill now in reliablity and usage, so that i can use it as my main device OS with Lumia 640 Xl.

I'm asking that because i also didn't have tried W10M untill now.

PS: I m comfortable to run fast insider builds but consider that i want to run it as my main device.

Thanks.

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
i would suggest you to stay back and wait for a new device to launch with updated hardware and general specs. Snapdragon 400 is a thing of past now and with 1gb of ram i would never put my money in for 640xl. Though there are no new devices globally launched except for the HP Elite X3 but that is a high end one.

sundawn

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
I know S400 is a thing of past, but i don't think there would be any another good device available like this in this price range currently. and i m getting it mostly at a very good price. that's why i want to know how W10M is performing on it.
thanks.

phuqit

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I've been on release preview for 5 months with no problems. Phone restarts when I get an update, however I haven't lost any information because of it. I have a 32 gb sd card in my phone, which I put maps and photo's on. I don't have many apps, I use the phone to browse the interwebs during breaks at work, Check weather, read PDF files, Music (sounds great), some navigation,alarm clock, and calls and texts. I'm 55 years old, have a desktop for my main computing needs, and basically wanted an enhanced phone at an affordable price. For me, it's been rock solid with Win10 release preview.
I believe that at some point windows will evolve beyond the hardware. However I think that it will be years in the future, as manufacturers like Blu are still making low end phones (heck MS is still selling the 650) . For the prices today, I think I'll buy a spare and a 128 gb card.
EDIT: lol, Just got an update, one thing the phone does after updating is ask to scan my sd card for errors. Never finds any, but worried me first time it happened. For a "dead" platform, I get updates monthly. Somebody is working hard on the software.

Last edited:

locolyric

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
if you are a heavy facebook user, the loading time will kill you. Every time when the ram is flushed. facebook will take about 12 secs to load it.
I have no idea why this happened. And no metatrader 4 app. Too bad!
Other than this, i am ok with the overall performance .
this 3000 mAh battery is better than any same capacity android phone.
I am wondering if 1520 can beat 640 xl on battery score, i will switch to 1520 asap.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs