Need help with Windows 8.1 RT

Marute

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi there,

Is there a way to control the updates in Windows 8.1 RT? I like to keep an eye on the flow of updates of apps as well as the system in general, but I can't find a way to change how the system handles system updates and the only option for apps seem to be either install automatically or not automatically. I would like to be informed when there are updates and then press "Update" myself. Is this possible?

In the default Mail app, can I choose an account as default? I have a Yahoo Mail and a Microsoft Exchange Server mail (I think it was) and the Yahoo one is my private, primary mail that I use the most. However, no matter what I do my Surface 2 insists on using the other as default. This means when I open the app, the Exchange one opens, if I press an e-mail link, it opens in the Exchange mail, and if I choose to share by e-mail it picks that one as well. I've tried removing the accounts and installing them in different orders but it didn't have any effect. How can I get my Surface 2 to recognize my Yahoo mail as my primary mail?

DBDev

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately the updates can't be turned off :unhappy: About the mail it is a bit strange, because mine always opens at the same place I was before...

Marute

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately the updates can't be turned off :unhappy: About the mail it is a bit strange, because mine always opens at the same place I was before...

Damn, then I'll just have to live with the update procedure then. Not that it's a problem, I was just wondering . :) Mail: Yes I think it behaves as you describe, however if the app is closed for some time it'll revert to the behavior I described. o_O

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786