Nestle - A Nest Client for WP 8.1

RohitRajendran

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
While both IOS and Android have their own Nest app, Nest has yet to make their app available for Windows Phone. This is where Nestle comes in. Using the official API, Nestle brings control of your Nest Learning Thermostat? or Nest Protect: Smoke + Carbon Monoxide? to your Windows Phone.

Because of limitations with the API, it doesn't bring all the features that the official apps may have such as managing your schedule or viewing your energy usage, it takes advantage of some of Windows Phone's exclusive features. You can view the status of each your Nest devices from your start screen with the ability to pin each device as a live tile. Thanks to Cortana integration, you can also quickly and easily change the temperature or your away status with the power of your voice.

Some of the other features include:
- View your Nest Thermostat or Nest Protect
- Change the temperature with a quick left or right swipe
- Change HVAC mode on your thermostat
- Set away mode on/off
- Cortana integration for changing temperature (currently only for first thermostat) and setting away status
- Individually pin transparent live tiles for each of your devices
- Toast notifications for Nest Protect warnings and emergencies (Nest API doesn't support push notifications so it's not instant)

For a limited time, it's AD-FREE!
Check it out for your self at: Nestle | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

If you have any suggestions on how to improve the app or experience any problems, don't hesitate to shoot an email. I try my best to respond to each email.
screenshot1.pngscreenshot2.png
screenshot3.pngscreenshot4.png

Robert Barbier

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
I will buy it. I contacted Honeywell and they have no plans for a Windows Phone or Windows 8 app. The only unofficial one I found is very plain looking and very limited. Called Comfort Connect but isn't even available anymore.

Thanks

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Simple request. I downloaded the app and I have to log in or sign up before I can even take a look at the workings of the app. It would be nice to be able to open the app and have a look around before committing to have an account. I don't have the NEST product yet but it's down to either NEST 2nd generation or the Honeywell Wi Fi equivalent.

Anything I overlooked, please let me know.

RohitRajendran

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Simple request. I downloaded the app and I have to log in or sign up before I can even take a look at the workings of the app. It would be nice to be able to open the app and have a look around before committing to have an account. I don't have the NEST product yet but it's down to either NEST 2nd generation or the Honeywell Wi Fi equivalent.

Anything I overlooked, please let me know.

Thanks for the suggestion! But there wouldn't be much to see in the app without a Nest account/device. If there's anything you want to see specifically, just let me know and I'll send you a screenshot or tell you more about it.

LesSand

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
What happened to this app? I love it, paid for it, but it seems to have been pulled from the Store??!?

Please bring it back!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss