Network Setup App not coming back

CHPro

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
I just got done with a support chat with Nokia and the employee informed me that the Nokia Network App is not Coming back.

Robbie
Thank you for patiently waiting. I would like to inform you that the said application is no longer available in the Marketplace because in the update of the phone it is already patch the settings on your MMS. May I know if you have already updated your phone software?

Curtis:
I have, but I am using straight Talk. They have an agreement with AT&T that you can bring your ATT phone over and use it with Straight Talk. You have to edit the setting though, and without being able to use the network set up app I can not use the phone.

Curtis:
Is the app coming back at all?

Robbie:
I am sorry to say that the application will not come back in the Marketplace.

Curtis
Alright that is what I needed to know. Thanks for the help.

Robbie:
You are most welcome. Please try to update the phone software of your phone using the Zune software.

Robbie:
Is there anything else that I could assist you with?

Unfortunatly that is a deal breaker for me, I guess I return this thing tomorrow and go with the Galaxy Nexus since Google Announced they are selling it unlocked for $399. Its to bad as I did love the 900. :(

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Ga dammit :mad:

I think I'd take that info with a grain of salt though. A Nokia rep several weeks ago told me it was "definitely" coming back. Who knows. I'm thinking of returning my L900 now too. Glad I got the app on my L800 in time.

rebob987

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
I heard that you will have the ability to edit the MMS apn in the Tango update in June. If you love the phone, you might want to wait a few months.

CHPro

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
I heard that you will have the ability to edit the MMS apn in the Tango update in June. If you love the phone, you might want to wait a few months.

Thanks for the info, as I really need to think about what I want to do. I only have 2 weeks to return it, and it would be hard to keep the phone on just a rumour that you will be able to change it a few months from now.

rebob987

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the info, as I really need to think about what I want to do. I only have 2 weeks to return it, and it would be hard to keep the phone on just a rumour that you will be able to change it a few months from now.

I agree. Especially when the tango release was rumored to be in April. I might be going back to my Galaxy Skyrocket soon anyhow. I am using straight talk. The combination of an ok camera with the non ability to send MMS on straight talk is kind of a bummer. I know it is a camera phone and I could use a digital camera. However...the Skyrocket takes really nice pictures. I have printed many of them and they look the same or better than a digital camera.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I also heard that WP8 will allow for manual MMS APN edits. Sigh. How can something so elementary be left out of the OS? I guess no device is perfect. If only my L800 had a front camera. I got the Network Setup app on there before it was too late.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
ATT took the feature to edit MMS APNs out. I have the ability to manually edit APNs from my diagnostics app in my Lumia 800.

Strange, that does not exist on my Lumia 800, and it is unlocked. I had to change MMS settings on there via the Network Setup app when it was available. From what I've read it's Nokia that has locked the MMS settings from its diagnostics app. Maybe its a matter of firmware.

AT&T is the culprit however when it comes to the removal of the Network Setup app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster