New Beta Mobile Viewer and Phone Drivers - build 192

ckj

Jul 31, 2008
www.celiocorp.com
We just posted an update to the REDFLY Mobile Viewer Beta software for Windows XP and Vista. This update is recommended for all REDFLY Mobile Viewer Beta users.

Please visit www.celiocorp.com/install to download the new REDFLY Mobile Viewer Beta build (build No. 192).

Changes in Build 192:

1. A new feature called Event Notification is now available. If you have your phone connected to your laptop and RMV running and connected to your phone, any phone call or SMS text message you receive will pop-up a small dialog in your system tray with that notice.
  2. A new feature called Network Sharing is now available. This feature is not yet working for all smartphones we support, but when it is enable on many phones, you may choose via a setting in the Options dialog whether to use your PC network connection in the Mobile Viewer or instead isolate that connection and communicate outward through your phone's data plan.
  3. Several small issues with scaling the viewer console window have been corrected.

Today Celio Corp also released new beta builds of the REDFLY smartphone driver software and REDFLY Mobile Companion firmware. All REDFLY Mobile Viewer Beta users or users of REDFLY smartphone driver beta software are encouraged to update the driver software on their phones.

Visit www.celiocorp.com/smartphone to download the new beta phone driver software.

Aware

Mar 23, 2008
Visit site
Installed it. At first blush, seems to work fine with Samsung Blackjack II. Graphics seem very slightly quicker ... or is that my imagination?

network passthrough - I thought I had that workig in the last version too??

BengtBeier

Nov 23, 2008
Visit site
  1. A new feature called Event Notification is now available. If you have your phone connected to your laptop and RMV running and connected to your phone, any phone call or SMS text message you receive will pop-up a small dialog in your system tray with that notice.

That sounds great. Just downloaded it right away to test it, but that feature doesn't work. It just won't show anything when I call myself or send myself a text. Am using a HTC Herald and Windows Vista. I'm using a German language system (on both machines, actually). It will show a pop-up when connecting or disconnecting, though.

Velvis

Sep 7, 2006
Visit site
It seems this release fixes the bluetooth issue with newer roms.

Has anyone tested it to see if it will work under 6.5?

kraski

Oct 12, 2008
Visit site
Changes in Build 192:

2. A new feature called Network Sharing is now available. This feature is not yet working for all smartphones we support, but when it is enable on many phones, you may choose via a setting in the Options dialog whether to use your PC network connection in the Mobile Viewer or instead isolate that connection and communicate outward through your phone's data plan.
  3. Several small issues with scaling the viewer console window have been corrected.

GSM Treo Pro:
Event notifications working. Network sharing is not working.

ckj

Jul 31, 2008
www.celiocorp.com
That sounds great. Just downloaded it right away to test it, but that feature doesn't work. It just won't show anything when I call myself or send myself a text. Am using a HTC Herald and Windows Vista. I'm using a German language system (on both machines, actually). It will show a pop-up when connecting or disconnecting, though.

The German settings could be causing a problem, the REDFLY Mobile Viewer only supports English right now.

Also, make sure you have the latest beta software driver on your phone (192) you can download it at the bottom of this page...

http://www.celiocorp.com/smartphone

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
melvas66