new Lumia 900 can't add gmail acct

Jarism

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Possible fix for Lumia 900 gmail issue

I bought the Lumia 900 yesterday and for the longest time could not get my gmail to connect. Last night I open up the Internet Explorer browser and went to gmail.com and logged in. When I exited to browser, my Lumia 900 all of a sudden was able to recognize and sync my gmail account to my phone.

I'm not sure if logging in through the browser on the phone was the fix or of it was just a coincidence, but if you aren't having any luck getting it to connect, try it and see if it will work for you too.

Jarism

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Using the exact settings as my Focus Flash (which all was fine with gmail sync) and keep encountering Attention Required errors on the Lumia 900.

Keep entering the password which is correct.

Loops back to same error.

I also tried adding as Exchange acct using the same settings as my iPad (which works fine with sync). And same error.

Anyone had success adding their gmail acct? All my contacts live in gmail contacts and i want to sync them.

:straight:
For hours I couldn't get it to connect. Then I opened the browser and logged int to gmail mobile through the Internet Explorer mobile browser on my Lumia 900. When I exited out of the browser, my phone all of a sudden was synced with my Gmail account. I'm not sure if that was what fixed it or if it just happened to be a coincidence, but worth the try I suppose/

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paul89895