New MICROSOFTMDG update available for non-insiders

avi_920

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys!

There's a new firmware update, MICROSOFTMDG available for L950.

Mine is a dual-sim variant. Installing as I type.

TheChazas

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
Indeed, about hour ago, update showed up.
Does this Firmware update requires backup, clean install, or just updates without any reset and how large the update is?

avi_920

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Indeed, about hour ago, update showed up.
Does this Firmware update requires backup, clean install, or just updates without any reset and how large the update is?

Not sure of the size of the update, but it was quite quick, & so was the installation. Around 10min, & 5% of the battery was used until the phone booted up back.

I'm not enrolled in windows insider for L950. So I didn't do any resets before the update popped up in notification.

Its always better to backup before any updates. Though I've not faced any issues in non-insiders update ever since I was using 3 yrs old L920.

Last edited:

Deanig_12

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
right so if this is for non insiders i am guessing that your running 8.1? so is it upgrading to windows 10 or what???

Uff182

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
I previously installed insider build .71, I then unsubscribed from the program to install the firmware update: I think that it's the first time I see a significant step forward on the phone. I unplugged the phone from the charger at 7:30 AM, now it's 10:45 PM and I still have 30% battery. I had data connection turned on all day long, together with some WhatsApp, Viber and Outlook usage.
I will have to test it better in the upcoming days, but I hope this is a good sign while waiting for further updates and improvements.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs