New Nokia Icon battery issues, wont charge or very slow to charge drops quickly

markm75

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
I just picked up two new nokia icons off ebay.. it was listed as new at least.. came in a box etc..

If i plug it in to charge.. it charges at about 1% per hour if that.. turn the screen on and it drops several percent,. use it unplugged and it rapidly discharges maybe 15% or more in a very short period of time.

Im guessing i got a bad batch?

Its very odd that both phones exhibit the same behavior.. and just for kicks i left 8.1 on one and put 10 on the other.

Any suggestions..?

At this point i'm going to probably return them.

Rich215

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
These phones have not been manufactured in some time. Most stock of any new or refurbished ones have been sitting around for a long time and most likely they have battery issues if they don't get charged at all when sitting unused for months and months on end. Probably the phone is perfect.....just needs a new battery.

markm75

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
These phones have not been manufactured in some time. Most stock of any new or refurbished ones have been sitting around for a long time and most likely they have battery issues if they don't get charged at all when sitting unused for months and months on end. Probably the phone is perfect.....just needs a new battery.

I don't think the battery can be changed. Probably a dud then from early stock

markm75

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Strangely, at least on the one phone.. left it idle for over 5 hours, it only went down 1-2%.. a very good rate (win 8.1 so far in this test).. compared to my nokia 1020 which has been horrible on stanby (at least with win 10)..

This phone also has the charge issue.. i think its only a charge issue based on this.. not sure if the early phones had the bug with charging or the battery in general..

When you plug either phone in, you get the message about it "charging slowly" to use a better usb connection etc..

I havent let my 929 sit idle yet, to see how it compares to this good standby ability of the other.. but assuming they both have good standby ability but just wont charge (and occasionally lose a few percents while idle and charging), then perhaps its indeed just some sort of charging bug, but i guess either way they need sent back. This was on the stock charger they came with and 2 others as tests.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thehinac