New Reviews Showing up

falsehopess

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
So the first real review of the phone I've found. A little ho-hum but positive for the most part
wish it was a little more in depth but you get to see some of the features. Enough rambling here is the link

Nokia Lumia 810 Review - SlashGear

PS anyone find any new reviews for the 810 please post here so i can see them too :)

TJWINS

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
NICE!!! It looks really professional! The photos and video look awesome! It looks much slimmer here than in the CNET hands on. Can't wait until Wednesday!

wprob

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
i can't disagree with anything in this review - it's a GREAT ALL-AROUND device. No, it's not going to stack up against the spec-demons of the android world. Not necessary. This phone is just what i see WP8 as a whole as - PRACTICAL.

I was giddy today when after a full 8hr shift at work and moderate usage, i had HALF of a battery charge remaining. THAT is sweet!:p

falsehopess

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Wanted to add got a call from my T-Mobile rep that they had received their demo units for the 8X and the 810 in today. Didn't have time to go by the store today so I will drive over there tomorrow. Really wanted to compare the screen quality. Someone posted a video where they show the 900 vs Iphone 4S vs htc one x and I gotta say i liked the lumia 900 more. Hopefully the live comparison will finally put that nagging thought of the 8X out of my head or convert me fully to the 8X

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
This phone is a lot more beautiful than I originally gave it credit for. Very nice! I'm also impressed that it's nearly the same size as the 920. If the design is anything close to the 820's, then it's hot. I got to see and play with both the 920 and 820 at an AT&T store yesterday (even helped a guy who was asking about and eventually bought an 820) and I was floored by both. :cool:

falsehopess

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
So went to my local T-Mobile today and got to hold both phones...and I am at a loss. The 8X is gorgeous. Feels nice in the hand screen looks really good and the curves really fit well. I think it will all come down to storage if HTC had included more than 16gb I would be picking up the 8X. As it stands the expandable storage on the 810 is what does it for me. The phone looks nice also feels good in the hand (just not as nice as the 8X) and to my surprise I think they are including the wireless charger shell out of the box. She had to open a retail box of the 810 to show it to me and when we removed the shell it seemed like the connections for the wireless charging were on the shell. They confirmed they have not received any other color shells for the phone so we are stuck with black for the moment. One more thing for people on the Value plan the rep let me know that if you had reasonable credit (you didnt have to put a deposit for your plan) the $50 rebate would be instant. You are forced to pay the entire amount of taxes upfront tho. So in Texas I am looking at 141 dollars for the 810 followed by 20 dollars a month for 20 months. Sorry for the rambling thought I would share the information.

kbagrows

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
810 standard shell

I stopped by a TMo store today, and checked out the 810 and 8x. Man, both are really great looking phones! The added perks of the 810 (wireless charging, Nokia Drive, MicroSD, etc) are really hard to ignore, however.

I too had the customer service rep pull off the back place, it had two copper spots that clearly connected to the phone. Frankly, it looked like the back has charging capabilities, but the rep didn't know. It would be nice if the phone shipped with a charging plate ..... we'll see soon I'm sure.

**edit**
Was thinking about it, the copper spots I saw were probably for NFC only, and did not include wireless charging.

Last edited:

kbagrows

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
So the first real review of the phone I've found. A little ho-hum but positive for the most part
wish it was a little more in depth but you get to see some of the features. Enough rambling here is the link

Nokia Lumia 810 Review - SlashGear

PS anyone find any new reviews for the 810 please post here so i can see them too :)
New review by Paul Thurrott. He uses an 8x for his daily driver, but gave the 810 a darn good review:

http://winsupersite.com/windows-phone/nokia-lumia-810-first-impressions-and-screenshots

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
A site called PC Mag gave the 810 3/5 and said it was "Basically a brick". 145 grams was apparently too much for the writer.

Nokia Lumia 810 (T-Mobile) Review & Rating | PCMag.com

A quick writeup from ZDNet. The writer liked the phone and there are a couple of sample pictures somewhere in there.

T-Mobile Nokia Lumia 810 is a solid competitor to the HTC 8X | ZDNet

Cnet has a quick video up, with the label of "Nokia 810 is solid but ugly" which I thought was harsh. Jessica Dolcourt doesn't like the design but I wouldn't say the phone is "ugly"

Nokia Lumia 810 is solid, but ugly | CNET TV | Video Product Reviews, CNET Podcasts, Tech Shows, Live CNET Video

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Engadget has a review up. Aside from the bulk, the review was overly positive. (it's late and i'm too lazy to link to it now :( )

Wyn6

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Well, I paid $191 at the Tmo store down the street. The girl claimed the rebate would come within 12 months (which sounds utterly ridiculous) when everything else I've seen was 6-8 weeks and now you say "instant". I was going to call and double check that today anyway. But, I think she explained it wrong as I'm paying $17.50 per month over 20 months instead of $20 which is a difference of $50.

So, my total out of the door with $41.25 in taxes was the $191 with $350 left to pay on the phone for a total of $541. Which means they're selling the phone for a $499 with the rebate. That's $50 more than at the MS Store in Frisco ($449 off-contract), which is the better deal if you want to drop that amount all at once. I would've done this, but I said screw. ****, I still might if I can get the rep to waive any restocking fees.

danieljhb

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I bought from the Microsoft store online for $449 and no tax and I am on a value plan. They had no idea and never asked what kind of plan I had during the transaction.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Well, I paid $191 at the Tmo store down the street. The girl claimed the rebate would come within 12 months (which sounds utterly ridiculous) when everything else I've seen was 6-8 weeks and now you say "instant". I was going to call and double check that today anyway. But, I think she explained it wrong as I'm paying $17.50 per month over 20 months instead of $20 which is a difference of $50.

So, my total out of the door with $41.25 in taxes was the $191 with $350 left to pay on the phone for a total of $541. Which means they're selling the phone for a $499 with the rebate. That's $50 more than at the MS Store in Frisco ($449 off-contract), which is the better deal if you want to drop that amount all at once. I would've done this, but I said screw. ****, I still might if I can get the rep to waive any restocking fees.

That sounds insane. I would definitely call T-Mobile's customer service, because those amounts don't add up at all.

Wyn6

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
My math may have been a bit convoluted. Let me see if I can clear this up.

The overall cost of the phone is $549.99. On a qualifying Value Plan T-Mobile is offering a $50 mail-in rebate bringing the price of the phone down to $499, which is what I paid plus tax ($41.25). The down payment on the Value Plan is $149.99. This leaves $350 ($499.99 minus $149.99) remaining to be paid off in 20 monthly payments of $17.50.

My total out-of-pocket was $191.24 which includes the above $149.99 plus the tax amount of $41.25 which is based on the entire amount of $499.99. So, if I made the monthly payments of $17.50 over 20 months, I will have paid a total of $541.24 for the phone ($499.99 + $41.25 in sales tax)

Somehow, I don't think that's much clearer. Hah!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb