New to Elite X3

DaveWallace

Jan 18, 2018
Visit site
I've been wanting one for ages and finally took the plunge. I got a Dual Sim Elite X3, two desk docks and a Lapdock for the equivalent of $600 on eBay and am hugely impressed with the hardware build quality. Most of the apps I use regularly are in the MS Store and anything else is perfectly accessible in the browser. I'm just waiting on my HP Folio flip case to arrive and my package will be complete. Continuum is quite nice to use on the Lapdock and is very responsive even in Wireless mode. Overall very impressed.

Dono Newcomb

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Very nice, I been hoping to find a good deal on a Lap Dock. I use my surface pro 2 tablet for note taking and on a long day it just doesn't have the battery capacity to keep it up. So I try to finish the day by taking notes on my Elite X3 but plucking on my little screen doesn't do it justice like a full keyboard. I read that the Lap Dock can last a full work day, that would be perfect, just gotta find that good deal.

Glad you got your device and that its working out good. :)

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
Very nice, I been hoping to find a good deal on a Lap Dock. I use my surface pro 2 tablet for note taking and on a long day it just doesn't have the battery capacity to keep it up. So I try to finish the day by taking notes on my Elite X3 but plucking on my little screen doesn't do it justice like a full keyboard. I read that the Lap Dock can last a full work day, that would be perfect, just gotta find that good deal.

Glad you got your device and that its working out good. :)

me too I'm looking for a cheap lap dock, none to be had here in Canada :unhappy: BTW have you looked into getting a MSFT fold-able keyboard? I have one and it works great!

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
I've been wanting one for ages and finally took the plunge. I got a Dual Sim Elite X3, two desk docks and a Lapdock for the equivalent of $600 on eBay and am hugely impressed with the hardware build quality. Most of the apps I use regularly are in the MS Store and anything else is perfectly accessible in the browser. I'm just waiting on my HP Folio flip case to arrive and my package will be complete. Continuum is quite nice to use on the Lapdock and is very responsive even in Wireless mode. Overall very impressed.

lucky you! X3 is a great device! I luv using mine! won't go till the Surface phone (or whatever they call it) come out...

DaveWallace

Jan 18, 2018
Visit site
The Lapdock is a beautiful piece of machinery. really solid and compact. I would highly recommend it. Even with the supposed limitations, it's great for web browsing, office and doing things on the phone while sitting at a desk.

I have one desk dock in work and one on my bedside table. I'm actually just using both of them as charging stands but they are similarly really nice hardware.

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
GRATZ!!!!

Enjoy a great WP phone!
I have been enjoying mine - awesome screen and great performance.
Be nice if there were a camera button...
Hey - grab an Alcatel Idol 4s while you are at it!

DaveWallace

Jan 18, 2018
Visit site
Alcatel just doesn't have the same premium attached to the brand. In my mind, they'll always remind me of the Alcatel OneTouch max which I got as a kid. It was so crap, Tesco were selling it for £20, with £80 call credit included. People just bought them and threw them away when the credit was gone. Also, I trust French phones as much as I trust French cars.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans